43

AN :)

If you got a notification that chapter 42 was updated again im really sorry, i was editing some minor mistakes and accidentally re-uploaded it instead of just saving the changes.

Anyways enjoy :)

Regulus had forgotten how gloomy his house was. The muddy blue tapestries on the walls along with the heads of the dead house elves decorating the stairway. Portraits of the previous generations were hung on the walls, all of them were either staring blankly or glaring.

He could hear his parents were arguing downstairs, his mother usually never argues with his father but now it seems it's happening more and more often.

He missed Hogwarts.

He missed the smell of water in the Slytherin common room.

He missed the guys.

He missed his Delilah. So much.

He was used to her bubbly behaviour even if it was less noticeable this year. He missed her random compliments, when she said that he was pretty or how she would complement his new set of clothes or when he decided to privately wear some of her make-up. He missed the way she kissed him on the cheek randomly when she got the chance or when she would doodle on his notes random hearts and stars.

Staring at himself in the mirror he sighed, shaking his head he exited the bathroom only to hear his parents still screaming at each other downstairs, well Orion was the only one screaming this time. Regulus made his way towards his closet; he picked a white button up with some pants and after getting dressed he made his way downstairs for dinner.

He knocked on the door before hearing a quiet 'come in' and he opened the door fully taking a seat opposite his mother and beside his father, who was seating at the head of the table. He never understood why they had to dress up for dinner but he never asked either, he just followed the rules his mother had set and never asked for a reason knowing Walburga didn't want anyone doubting her.

They ate in silence; the only sound came from the utensils they used. Regulus looked outside window where he saw the rain pouring down and the air that moved the trees from side to side aggressively. As he looked out of the window more closely, he lost his focus on the fork he was gripping, making it fall inside the plate with a thump.

Walburga and Orion simultaneously looked up at him and he apologised quietly as he took the napkin and whipped the handle of the floor clean so he could hold it again. Orion looked confusedly at his son who looked even more out of the world than he did last summer.

Making a mental note to talk to him later, he looked towards his wife who was looking annoyed and was ready to scold Regulus but with one sharp look from her husband she shut up, she knew Orion was going to sort out this weird behaviour Regulus had developed.

Finishing dinner quickly Orion asked Regulus to follow him in his office for a word. Regulus looked up confusedly, having no idea what his father wanted to talk to him about. Did they know about Delilah? Or is it something about the Dark Lord? Except some minor attacks the older deatheaters took care of, he was laying too low for Regulus' liking. That's when Delilah's words jumped into his head.

"He is planning something, definitely something big. Why collect all these deatheaters and then attack only few times a month when he could just use all those deatheters to attack something more important, all of them are trained, they couldn't just join if they didn't have some sort of skill." She had said when they were sitting together with the others by the Black Lake talking about some things the boys had heard going around the Slytherin common room the past weeks.