35

"Why can't you come?" whined Monica as she threw herself at the couch. It had been one hour since the four Slytherins had received the letters with the news about the ball hosted by the Black and Lestrange family to celebrate the engagement between Bellatrix Black and Rodolphus Lestrange. They had already packed their bags and they were trying to convince the youngest Potter to join them one more time.

"For the last time Monica, I'm not coming and my answer is not changing, it's not even safe for me to exactly go out without protection with my parents in the order, imagine being in a room full of people who probably want to murder anyone who is a part of it. Do you really think they are going to spare me just because we are friends?" asked Delilah as she continued reading her book, ignoring the stares her friends were giving her.

"But you and Regulus are together now, no one can say anything"

"Are you stupid?! One more reason to kill me, their perfect son is dating and blood traitor, i bet Walburga is going to be thrilled" said Delilah sarcastically, throwing Monica a 'what the fuck were you thinking stare'.

"Delilah is kind of right here-"

"Thank you, Leo, at least another of us has a brain in here"

"But that doesn't mean that seeing Walburga's face once you show up won't be hilarious" said Leo and closed his eyes as if he could imagine the furious face Regulus' mother will have on.

"Still, I'm not going, maybe at Narcissa's and Lucious' engagement ball? Isn't that in about nine-ten months?" asked Delilah. "I really don't think i can deal with the Black family right now, you guys go and have fun alright?" she tried to urge them to go but they just stared at her.

"Stop staring at me and go before your parents throw a fit about you being late"

Regulus realising that there wasn't a possibility she was going to change her mind and were probably making her angrier and angrier as every second passed by, finally nodded his head and leaned down to give her a kiss on her temple.

"Okey, we'll make sure we sent you a letter once the ball ends" he informed her and she nodded waving to them goodbye as they apparated out of her house leaving her finally alone. She took a deep breath and went up to her room changing the sheets of her bed and putting the dirty ones at the laundry room. She grabbed her pyjamas and a new pair of underwear and entered the bathroom setting her clothes on the counter and stripping down from the T-shirt and shorts she wore today.

She opened the shower and let the water get warm before stepping in and closing the curtain. The water running from above was the only source of noise and even though the noise it made was rather loud, Delilah felt as if she was drowning in the silence.

She sat down and let the water run on her, she dried some of the tears that spilled from her cheeks and continued applying shampoo on her hair before letting the water wash it all down. She grabbed the bar of soap and scrubbed her body feeling it relax under the foam and the water. After washing away everything, she got out and grabbed her towel wrapping it around her and then she reached for her brush, brushing her hair as quickly as she could before putting her clothes on and exiting the bathroom.

She left all the dirty clothes in the laundry room and then entered her room again, going straight to her bed and lying down making the pillow wet from the water that was left on her hair. She turned to her side and watched the moon, it was shining bright up in the sky, it was the only source of light since the very few street lights that were placed on the street weren't turned on yet.

She closed her eyes and let more hot tears spill, she didn't know why she was crying, she didn't have any reason to, her family, friends and boyfriend were just fine. Her parents on their annual vacation, James at his friends' house but he would be home tomorrow and her friends were all having fun at a ball. And she, herself, was happy. There wasn't something that was specifically scaring her, of course she was afraid, fear is expected at times like this, only fools aren't afraid but she didn't have anu particular good reason to cry over,