27

Coming back to Hogwarts this year was like any other year, the platform was buzzing with parents saying goodbye to their children and annoying siblings and babies crying either because their siblings left, or because they want to go to Hogwarts.
She only hoped she wasn't annoying when she was a kid. She walked through the platform 9 3/4 with the her brother and Sirius at her sides, their parents behind them.

"Delilahhhh" came the voice of the tall brunette slytherin, Monica was running full speed towards her and stopped in from of her trying to catch her breath.

"Why didn't you tell me about what happened with Regulus at London?!" She almost shouted but Delilah was quick to cover her mouth with her hand sending her a glare.

Monica noticed the boys and her parents behind her and gave her eyes widened. "Do they...?"

Delilah nodded her head "the boys know, my parents don't, and it's gonna stay this way" she said sternly and Mona looked at Sirius and James who wore sour expressions.

"And you are okey with that?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"I'm not exactly thrilled but I can't do anything to stop her either" said James and shrugged and Sirius nodded his head as if he was agreeing with James but he held a more carefree expression, as if Delilah being with Regulus was making him happy.

"Fair enough" she nodded at them and turned to Delilah once again "say goodbye to your parents and come with me, the boys are already in a compartment and are waiting for us"

"Go, ill be there in ten minutes" she said and Monica left with a nod, her brown curly hair swinging from side to side with every step she took.

Delilah turned to her parents who were talking with Remus's mother.

"Mama, I'll miss you" she said and walked in her mother's comforting embrace.

"I'll miss you too sweetheart, take care and make sure your brother doesn't do anything stupid" she reminded her and fixed her yellow headband.

"No promises, mum" she said and moved to her father.

"I'll see you, dad" she said and hugged him tightly.

Take care Delilah and don't forget to have fun, okey?" He asked and Delilah nodded grabbing her suitcase and giving in at the man outside the train.

"I'll be with Monica and the boys, if you need anything come find me" she whispered at her brothers ear and kissed his cheek before boarding the train.

After about five minutes of trying to find her friends, she found them at a compartment all the way to the back. This compartment was one of the largest of ones with a couch for three people and three seats opposite the couch.

"There she is, the Hufflepuff Princess in all her glory" he said, got up and faked bowed before wrapping and arm around her shoulders and making her seat in the middle of him and Regulus at the couch, Leo saw Regulus looking at Evan with a glare and hit his leg giving him a look that clearly said 'you are jealous as fuck, don't try to deny it'

Regulus gave him a nasty look and turned his face to look at the window, the train started moving not much later and they all turned to do their own thing.

Leo was reading a book, Evan was sleeping and Monica had left the compartment to go meet with Adrian Wood, why?, Delilah didn't even want to think why.

She turned to look at Regulus who was being extremely quiet since she came in. She shook his shoulder and he turned to look at her hazel eyes, finding himself staring at the honey-green colour again.

"Everything alright?" She asked softly and he nodded his head, too tired to answer.

"Come on" she said gesturing to her shoulder "I know you want to sleep, you look like a zombie"

He manage to crack a smile and moved his head on her shoulder closing his eyes, Delilah's hand found its way to his hair and run her fingers through it smoothly, putting him in a sleepy daze.

Leo was staring at them dumbfounded, he had never seen Regulus being so comfortable with someone. Maybe Evan was right, maybe Delilah was actually helping Regulus a great lot and all of them knew that he needed someone now more than ever.

And if Delilah was that person, Leo knew that his best friend was in the hands of one of the most kindhearted people he had ever met.

And he was grateful for that.

By the time Monica came back Delilah and Regulus had fallen asleep and Leo with Evan were playing wizard chess.

"That was not what I expected to happen this year, of all the things, that was what I least expected" she said and pointed at the Regulus and Delilah who were sleeping soundlessly, their hands locked together at his lap.

"This boy is whipped, I'm telling you" said Evan. "We did Christmas together and when he found a letter and a present from her under the tree, he almost did a happy dance, he only stopped himself because Orion and Walburga were there"

Leo laughed remembering the look on Regulus' face when he saw a violin she had probably decorated herself with magic. It was black with a green enchanted snake moving on the wood. There was also a case that she had enchanted to not weight anything so it will be easier to carry it around.

"She even got us gifts" Evan added surprised.

Delilah had got Leo a series of muggle books about Gods and Demigods, she had also written a letter saying that they were some of her favourite books growing up and she thought she might like them.
Leo was excited to read them all but he was waiting to start reading them with her during the times they go to the library and just read in silence.

She also had given Evan some muggle clothes she had bought while in London and a set of muggle pens since he always broke his quills or his ink ran out quickly.

"Im actually grateful Delilah has found someone she trusts, she doesn't let many people in and talking about her feelings is a huge 'NO' from her" Monica said and took her seat.

"Lets just hope this isn't a Romeo and Juliet retelling and ends like a tragedy" said Leo and went back to his game with Evan, Monica took her seat beside Leo and opened a magazine looking at the new muggle fashion.

Leo may or may not had jinxed it...