Duties

How could one even begin to resolve the problems set before Arata? It's one thing to worry about the girls that liked him. It's another when his friends also had all these other things tying them together.

"Are you all right?" Yogi asked him, as they were sitting in class. "You're-"

"Doing the face again." At this point, it was becoming a bit of a broken record for the boy.

"Look." Yogi leaned in to whisper. "I know about what I said before, but don't worry too much about it. It's not like I'd get mad at you if you didn't want to do it."

"No no, it's fine." Considering how tied it was to the rest of his dealings. There was no way Arata would, or could, let that go without a try. "I'll try my best." Afterwards, class resumed as always. However, during the later break period, there was one thing that he had to do different.

"Off to see Misao and Misei again?" Yuki asked as he got up from his seat.

"Right." He answered. "With the student council elections coming up, they've been asking for a lot more help lately." As the duel secretary and treasurer, it was already his duty to help them out. Though as a friend, he would've helped out regardless.

So Arata set out for the student council room where those two would most likely be at. With everything coming up, they were spending more and more time there instead of hanging out with friends. While that might have sounded like hard work, he was certain Misei was happy with that arrangement.

Unsurprisingly, he saw Misao first. The girl was just exiting the room to head towards the staff room. Some paperwork was needed to be done.

"Misei's just inside." She said to him when their eyes met. "Just go on in and I'll meet you later." Before she was able to make her leave, he stopped her. This was the first time he was able to get her alone after leaning the truth about Yogi.

"Could I ask you a question first?" He said, to which she accepted. "What would you do if another boy liked you?"

"Sounds to me that you know of one." She responded. "I won't ask who it is, but I'd say that I like someone else right now." It was kind of expected, but not the answer he was hoping to hear. "Anyway, I really need to get going. If you want to talk more about it, you can just message me." Misao left, leaving him to do only one thing left to do.

That being to enter the student council room. It was something that he had done daily since the start of the year with these elections nearing. However, this time was a little different.

The difference being that Misei was changing out of her gym clothes to something more appropriate of her position. He caught her at a bad time, or good depending on how you look at it. The girl was simply stripped down to her underwear, with a lot of her fair skin showing off to anyone seeing her. That someone being Arata.

They froze, neither one of them saying anything. Too speechless caused by their surprise to this moment. That was when Arata remembered that he was the one that had to do something.

"S-sorry." Was the only word he could mutter out as he promptly left the room and shut the door behind him. The boy stood right next to it, trying to contain his beating heart. It was rather a challenge considering how the images of Misei's near nude body continued to flash in his mind.

Why didn't Misao warn him about that? No, what was he thinking? Of course she wouldn't warn him. That girl must've wanted that moment to happen so now he would know what they girl looked like with a little less clothing. So that he might even imagine that girl wearing...

No, this wasn't the time to be thinking of thoughts like that.

"Arata?" He heard the student president calling his name. "You can... Come in now." Her voice was shaken due to what had transpired. Cautiously, he opened the door to see her dressed as what he was used to seeing her wear. That was when he finally truly entered the room and closed the door behind him, leaving the two together alone.