Respect For My Elders

The first official day of their vacation. If yesterday was any indication, this was going to suck for Arata. Hopefully that was just a bad day, and this trip was going to go swimmingly.

The alarm rang, one that he had set the night before. It was well before he'd normally get up on a day with no school. However, there were things he needed to take care of. Quickly, he turned it off, making sure the other boys weren't awakened by it.

With three rooms under his name, they had divided up into three groups. The elderly, the girls, and lastly the boys he was with. Since those two had known each other longer, Yogi and Akaki shared a bed. That allowed Arata a bed to himself. Probably the only good thing about yesturday.

He tried his best to open the door silently, so as not to stir them. It opened more quickly than expected, and a certain somebody plopped onto the floor in front of him. It was Erina, who had somehow fallen asleep against the door.

He sighed, knowing why she was laying about. That girl must've been spying on them, trying to hear what they were talking about before falling asleep. Arata dragged her out as quietly as he could, closing the door behind him.

"Hey... Wake up." He whispered to her, trying to wake her gently. No reaction, now was the time to try a bit more of a harsh approach. Two light slaps to the face was enough to get her somewhat awake.

"Huh? Oh Yogi not so rough..." She murmured. Arata felt very uncomfortable hearing that. He really didn't want to know what she was dreaming up at this moment.

"I said wake up!" He bopped her on the head, causing her to jolt up from the pain.

"Ow! Hey what's the..." She paused before saying her angry response. "Huh, where am I?"

"I'm taking a not so wild guess that you were peeping on us last night." He told her. She remembered now. When the rest of the girls went to bed, she sneaked out to see what the boys, mainly Yogi, were up to. However, Erina was more tired than she thought, resulting in her passing out while on the door.

"Oh yeah, now I remember. Too bad you guys didn't talk about anything interesting." She acted like he was the one that did something wrong here.

"Well I'm sorry I just didn't feel like talking before bed." He sarcastically apologized. "More importantly, I had to get up early, as you can see."

"Why?"

"Well for today, I promised Hine and the others that I'd help out in the morning. Then after that, I was free to spend it with you guys." He wasn't certain what it was that she needed him to do, but it was probably some simple things. After all, it was their vacation, it was only fair that he helped to lighten their load.

"Good luck with that. I'm heading back to my room then." She was about to leave, but he stopped her.

"Actually, can you please help me here?" He pleaded with her.

"What? And make me spend less time with my dear sweet Yogi." She went off on another daydream. Arata grabbed her arm to break her out of it.

"Please, I could really use the help." He told her. "Plus don't worry about that. I've got a plan for when we hang out in the afternoon." For the morning, he had told Misei she was in charge while he was gone. He was confident that nothing bad would happen under her watch.

"Okay fine, I'll come." She relented. "But your plan better be worth." In truth, he had no plan at the moment. He was just desperate to get her help. Hopefully he would come up with something by then.

The two walked over to the room where the elders were at. When they got there, all of them were awake, waiting for them.

"Oh Arata, I didn't expect you so soon." Hine greeted them. "And you even brought Erina with you."