Break a Leg

Arata ran deeper backstage towards where the yelling was coming from. He witnessed two girls, one lying on the ground with the other looking over her. The one on the ground, was none other than Akiba.

"Are you okay?" He ran up to them.

"I don't know if she's fine." The other girl replied. "We were just talking about the play. Then next thing I know, one of those bags came flying down."

"That sounds pretty dangerous." He looked up, checking to make sure that nothing else was going to follow. At this point, everyone else had caught up to him.

"Akiba!" Yogi yelled out, as he saw the cause of the yelling. "Are you all right?"

"I-I'll be fine." She tried to assure everyone. However, as she struggled to get up. Her legs buckled below her.

"You don't look all right." Arata commented. He noted that while she avoided most of the bag. It appeared to have caught her ankle a bit. "We need to get the nurse."

"We can't do that." Ichiri stopped him from leaving. "The rules state that everything involved with this, must be handled by the students."

"What? That sounds pretty stupid." He may not have known how things worked around here. But this wasn't something that he was okay with at all.

"Don't go." Akiba stopped him once more. "I... don't want everyone to get in trouble because of me."

"But it could be serious." Yogi tried to persuade her. Arata stood there, watching, thinking about this situation.

This seemed like a pretty bad stipulation. Without help, they'd be hopeless. It almost seemed like something that Hine would do with him. Unless... There was a point to this.

"If that's how you feel." Arata broke his silence. He knew it now, this wasn't just some festival event. It was like a test for them. "You two, help get her somewhere safe." This was hard for him, but with all this arguing, he knew that someone was going to have to take charge.

"Right, I'll help too." Yogi was about to pick her up, but Arata grabbed him.

"No. You need to go and get ready." There was only minutes until the play was going to start. There was no time for delays.

"Hey, you over there. Can you double check everything up there?" Ichiri noticed what he was doing. She wasn't about to let him outshine her in her directorial debut. "Make sure that everything's safe. You got me?"

"Where's Erina?" He asked her, after he got Yogi to go on ahead.

"Right, because we need our replacement. I don't know, but we better find her right away." She responded.

"What's going on?" They didn't need to look for her. As she approached them with a worried expression. "I heard yelling, and now I'm seeing Akiba being carried off somewhere."

"It's a bit hard to explain." Ichiri told her. "All you need to know right now is that you have to take over for Shinshiro."

"Yeah, and we should-" He stopped, hearing that sound again. Before they even heard the warning yells from the people up above. Arata dove over to Erina. Tackling her and bracing for impact. A loud thud was heard.

"Um, that wasn't even close." He turned around to look at Ichiri, who was looking back at him unimpressed. The other bag that had fallen was quite a ways from where they were even standing.

"You... You tried to protect me." He turned over to look at Erina. Laying on top of her, he had a really good look at her face. Arata could've fallen into those beautiful blue eyes.