I'm Done

Everyone knew their roles. Arata didn't like it, but these were the cards that he was now dealt with. Telling Erina about all this wasn't something that he was looking forward to. Since she was going to find out anyway, might as well tell her now.

"What? You really mean that?" She asked, once he explained the situation.

"Yeah, it turns out that those two will be playing a couple together. Well at least for the final act of the story." He considered it a little funny how it worked for those characters. That Helena reminded him of many of the girls in this harem. Trying to follow that Demetrius guy. That must've meant that him and the other supporters were practically the gods.

"Hmm... That's going to be a problem." She was thinking in her head about the ways that it could work. "Oh no, what if they fall in love from this?"

"Why would that happen?"

"Yeah, I'm sure the person that owes their existence to a play doesn't know why." She replied in a sarcastic tone.

"That wasn't the only thing in my parent's story." He argued. "Still I figured that you wanted to actually play the part, not just be some understudy."

"As if you needed to say that." She was expecting him to already have a plan for this, since he was aware of this situation before anyone else.

"Well, we could try convincing the director to put you in instead." He offered. That girl was odd to him, but she was trying to create a good production. Perhaps showing off some talent might get her change to her mind.

"Don't worry, I'll dazzle her with my amazing acting skills." Erina bragged, and so they went back to the stage. The place was a mess, especially compared to when Arata was there, just about an hour ago.

"That's just not going to work." Ichiri was muttering to herself, throwing crumbled pieces of notes behind her back. Poorly missing the trash can she placed.

"Um, director?" He poked her on the back, scaring her, and causing her to fall from her chair.

"Hey, don't just sneak up on people like that."

"You're one to talk." He countered, remembering the fright she gave him just earlier. She picked herself up and cleaned the dust off from her skirt.

"I see my understudies want to ask me something." She commented, noticing Erina's presence. "Let me guess, you both want to actually take the parts." She was half right with that statement. Was he really that predictable?

"I'm fine with being an understudy." He corrected her.

"But, could I possibly take the part of Helena?" Erina asked.

"Ha, you really think that someone like me could make a mistake with casting?" This arrogant girl laughed in their faces. "Trust me, I'm sure that she'd make a better Helena than you."

"What? I'm much more talented than her." Erina was insulted by this girl. "Plus, I've got more stage presence. "

"Then show me."

"Show you what?"

"Go ahead, act and show me that you're better." Ichiri crossed her arms, waiting for the audition.

"Kind of putting me on the spot..." Erina gathered the confidence that she needed. "But I'll show you!"

Arata wasn't really confident with this plan anymore. After all, what exactly were her acting abilities? Apparently her knowledge of Shakespeare was pretty low considering what she went with.