Another Date and... Another spy?

Arata stood along side Matsu as they walked along the busy area. They pair were feeling a little nervous now that they had finally begun a real date. She was worried about impressing him. After all this time waiting for this moment to happen, the girl had a lot of pressure weighing her down.

Meanwhile, he was also anxious about what this was going to bring. By the end of today, Arata knew that he had to made a proper decision. There was no way he would leave Matsu with a vague answer. It was either he would know she was the one, or they'd have to suffer the pain of him breaking her heart. Nothing was going to stop him unless it killed him. The boy would have to literally get hit by a truck and get isekai'd for this to end any other way.

Dumb otaku references aside, he took one deep breath and finally spoke up.

"So, where are we going?" He asked.

"I love animals, so I was hoping the zoo was going to be good with you." She was more than willing to change up their plans if he wasn't willing. In fact, the girl had more than just a plan B. Matsu was prepared to handle the entire alphabet plus some numbers after that.

"The zoo sounds like a lot of fun to me." Unfortunately, her planning was pointless since he took the first option. Honestly, he would've been fine with pretty much anything between the two of them. What Arata was looking for was if Matsu really could be that girl he could envision himself spending time with. Someone that he'd enjoy going out with fairly often, especially with them turning into third years soon.

So he was going to focus on what made the two of them click. Though the back of his head still had the others in mind. After all, he had just regained his relationship with Ichiri yesterday, where they both knew where she stood. Still, he needed to eventually make up his mind or else everyone would be left hanging for no good reason.

Now the couple headed to the local zoo, holding hands all the way through. This was already different than the one he shared with Misei. While the girl was nice and he had plenty of fun, Arata could sense that she was holding back. On one hand, it was unfortunate since he was hoping for that girl to open up a little bit to him after her bold move of kissing him. On the other hand, he was a little relieved that they were both nervous and awkward on their first date. The boy wasn't one who knew how to handle himself on a date, so it was a good learning experience.

He put himself to work as they purchased their tickets to enter the zoo. Arata knew that girls preferred a boy that could assert themselves, so he was the one leading the way as they navigated the crowd to check on some of the beautiful creatures kept here. The boy was paying close attention to everything around them, but that also meant he had this odd feeling of being watched. Strange, since no one should be paying them any mind.

Then again, he was caught by the others when he was on that outing with Akiba. Did something like that happen again? Quickly, his head turned around to see if he could catch whatever was causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand.

"Is something wrong?" Matsu asked. His strange behavior wasn't missed on him, which really meant that he was standing out a bit too much. Since she usually paid no mind when the boy was feeling off. "Wait, is there someone we know?" She got a bit nervous about the thought of it, since the girl had wanted to this excursion to remain private.

"I don't know." He replied as they watched over the exhibit that held tigers. "But, I guess we shouldn't be too worried if that's the case. I'm going to tell them the truth about our when we get back to class anyway." Unlike with Misei, where everyone had to learn about their date through some weird circumstances that involved him having amnesia. Arata hoped that they wouldn't take issue if he told them about what happened this weekend. In fact, he already told Erina about his trip today anyway and nothing back happened.