I Don't Dance

"I can't believe this is happening to me." Arata lamented the fact that he was going to be one of the dancers at the ball.

"I really thought you were going to be a little more happier about this." Yogi said, saddened by the lack of enthusiasm.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be sound ungrateful for what you did. Really I'm happy that you care about me, but I'm just not a dancer." He told him. He personally never danced once in his life, and he doubted that any idol anime he's watched would fill that gap in practice.

"That's fine, I don't really know how to dance either. So at least we're in the same boat here." That fact didn't really make him feel better. Nor did the jealous looks he'd gotten from their classmates help either. All he every asked for, was to be left alone. Was that too much to ask?

"Hello there, Aono." A girl's voice got him out of his inner thoughts. Turning his head over to Yogi, there was a girl, wearing her hair in a bun. A pencil sitting in it, appearing to hold it together. She had a small notepad with her for some reason.

"Ah, good morning Kurosawa." He greeted her back. From the way he acted, it seemed like he was familiar with her. Arata was lost on this one. Who was she?

"Yes, well let's get to the point here." She said. "Can I ask you some questions about the upcoming dance?"

"Of course, I'd love to answer some questions." Ever so friendly, he thought.

"Great, well maybe it should be a bit of an obvious one, but do you think you can win the whole thing?"

"Personally, I doubt it. I'm not much of a dancer, to be honest."

"Oh so modest." She wrote down something on her notepad. Was she one of the school's reporters? Who even were they, he wondered. "Okay, well let's say you win. I bet there's a nice girl you probably want to win with, right?" She giggled at him, almost like this question was a bit of a tease.

"I don't have anyone in mind..." He replied. The tone in his voice giving away his feelings on the matter.

"Really?" Arata jumped into the conversation. "Even with the legend where the two winners will be destined in love?" He laughed, the look on Yogi's facing cracking him up. For some reason, it was fun to tease him. The way he tried to deny his feelings.

"Then what about you, Kashimura?" The girl turned her attention to him.

"Huh?"

"Well aren't you also participating in the dance?"

"R-right. It was such a surprise that I kind of can't believe it." It might've been fun to tease Yogi's embarrassment, but feeling the attention on him made him feel the same way.

"I know, a lot of students were surprised that you of all people got in. In fact, some students have mentioned on several occasions that they didn't even believe you existed in the first place." While she may not have needed to put it that way. He couldn't deny that his strategy of being invisible was working for the most part. "Anyway, do you think that you have any shot of winning the dance?"

"I'll just answer the same way as Yogi, I've never been much for dancing." Not only did he not believe he could possibly win, but he didn't even want to in the first place. "By the way, I'm sorry, but I don't believe you've introduced yourself to me. Who are you?"

"Me? Oh right." She put her hand behind her head. "I'm Yurime Kurosawa." He grabbed and shook his hand without permission. "I'm this school's best reporter. I always get the scoop." He was speechless. Not only was she really confident, but also had no regard for personal space either.