And The Winner Is...

"So you're fine?" Yogi asked Arata.

"Yeah, I'm fine." After that painful experience, Arata decided to move to a more peaceful activity. Sand castles. Specifically with Yuriko and Yogi. "My head doesn't hurt anymore, so that's good."

"Just to let you two know, I'm only allowing this because you got hit." She was doing her usual business of acting like she didn't care for this. In reality, she was enjoying this on the inside.

"That's good with me." Arata said. This was something that he actually liked doing compared to the other things he had done thus far. This reminded him of the last time he was at a beach. He was much, much younger then.

"Wow, I can't believe how good you are at this." Yogi complimented his building skills.

"Oh, it's nothing." Arata responded modestly. His castle was already much bigger than the other two combined. Combined with the details he sculpted, it would easily win any contest. "The kids just like doing this sometimes, so I've got some practice in."

"Sometimes? I swear every time they ask, you play with them in that silly sandbox." While Yuriko just sat watching them from the bench, she really wished she could join them. Except her pride made it too embarrassing to ask.

"Oh, it's just all part of the job." He lied. Arata would never admit to enjoying doing those things with the children. She laughed, knowing the truth behind his false statement. He may not have noticed, but she did pay attention to him.

"Looks like you're almost done." Yogi was impressed with what he saw. He knew there was no way he'd ever make something like that.

"Yeah, just one more little thing." He had to make one final finishing touch. One that wasn't going to happen, as a volleyball blasted its way through. Destroying all of his hard work. The three of them looked at the ruins, jaws dropped.

"Oh, sorry." Akaki ran up to them. "We were just practicing and Akiba ended up hitting the ball over here." The girl was standing back by the net, looking meek.

"It's... No problem." Arata was disappointed he wasn't able to enjoy his finished product. "The water was going to get it anyway."

"Yogi! Yogi!" Another voice came running up to them. It was Erina, rushing to them excitedly. She was carrying with her a surfboard and water ring. "You wanna go surfing with me?"

"Surfing? That's sounds like a lot of fun." His eyes lit up.

"If you're going surfing, then what's that ring for?" Arata noticed the other item she had with her.

"Oh well I was wondering if you wanted to float around in the ocean while we're catching some waves." She hinted to him that she wanted him there with them. Understanding that, he had no choice, but to accept.

"Hey, Kashimura." Yuriko stopped him before he left. "If we have time when you get back, maybe we could redo your castle?" She asked, not turning to face him as she talked.

"Well if you think I'm feeling bad about it, it's really not a big deal."

"I'm not doing it for you, you idiot." She corrected him. "It looked nice, that's all, I think other people might like it to."

"I guess if that's what you think." He agreed with her, assuming that there would even be time for it. "I'll ask Yogi if-"

"It's fine. I mean, if it's just you." He was shocked to hear that. For once, he was giving this to her on a silver platter. Why would she reject that?

"Sure, we'll see then." He left her to go join Yogi and Erina. At this point, she was pushing him to get on the surfboard. Despite just learning about it today, she already was confident that she could teach him.