This Feeling

With the weather being a harsh blizzard, a sign of the season they were in. Though, even if outside was frightful, there was warmth and joy within the Kashimura household.

"Hey, you better not sneak your way out of working young man." Arata's mother scolded him for missing so much time out of the day. Even though it mostly wasn't his fault. "I've been working all day to make this just right, so you better do your part."

"Of course I will mom." He replied, cutting up some veggies. The kitchen was filled with an aroma thanks to all the cooking going on. There were going to be plenty of food for the family, along with their one guest. "Sorry for making everyone worry."

"Oh nonsense, we worry because we love you." She gave him a nudge on the head with her nose, since her hands were doing dishes. "Besides, you brought over such a cute girl."

Mom, she's just a friend." He countered, feeling rather bashful. "How many times do I have to say that?"

"She's someone that you spend so much time with. And it's not like she's someone you grew up with, so why can't a mother tease a bit?" His mom was relentless in the fun. "It's a pretty big step to invite a girl to dinner with the family, isn't it?" Meanwhile, Erina was sitting alone in the living room as she waited for them to begin. That was when Ayami made her presence known.

"Are you feeling comfortable?" She asked as she say down. The girl was referencing to the fact that Erina had to borrow some of her clothes to be proper.

"It's fine. The top is a little tight." It wasn't that she weighed more, instead it was more about rather well endowed. "But thanks for lending me your clothes."

"It's no problem." She replied, with an envious look towards the other girl's chest. "Anyway, I'm glad that you're joining us for dinner. It makes me really happy to see Arata invited you."

"Oh, but don't take it the wrong way." Erina tried to deny what wasn't accused. "We're just friends."

"I didn't imply anything." Ayami giggled. "And there's nothing wrong with liking him."

"It's... Complicated." It was hard to argue against this girl. After all, she was there during the festival when she made the hardest decision of her life. "The two of us are just friends, nothing more." She felt herself getting hot under the collar. It was like she was being interrogated, even if it was just a normal conversation.

"I know that you also have feelings for Yogi." That was something clear to hear from the private conversations with the boy. Even if he never mentioned a name, it was obvious who he'd be referring to. "And I'm sure you know how I feel about that boy, but I'm not going to take advantage you. So don't think that I'm trying to force you into anything." Ayami placed a hand over the other girl's to show how genuine she was.

"Thank you."

"Hey you two." Arata called over to them. "Dinner's ready, so come up and let's get to eating."

Everyone gathered around the dinner table. The parents on one side of the table, and Arata sitting between the girls on the other side. It was filled with the food that Mrs. Kashimura had worked hard on, with the help of her children. Rice freshly steamed, slices of kobe beef lined up on a plate, stir-fried veggies with that sweet aroma. For a Christmas dinner, she really went all out on the different meals for everyone's tastes.

"Wow, you even made chicken yakisoba. That's my favorite." Erina looked with famished eyes, as she gingerly started to move her chopsticks towards it.

"Don't be modest, have as much as you want." His mother had no qualms about being fair and ensuring everyone had some of everything. As the one that worked on all of it, she made sure to get all the sushi she made.