Haunting (Panty) Shot

Arata and Yuriko finally returned after that small adventure. Upon her return, she had a mouthful to say to the children responsible for it. So much so, that he didn't really feel a need to say anything himself. Her words were enough of a punishment.

"We're sorry." They all said in unison. Their heads all bowing to the two of them.

"All's well that ends well." He responded, forgiving them. "But why did you do it?" Arata asked, but he already knew the answer.

"We just wanted you to get together." Yurisa admitted. That was a lot more direct than he was expecting. "You're always hanging out together, and we just thought you needed a little push."

"Push?" The only time these children saw them together, was when they were watching over them. Surely there was no way some people would take that as romance. At least, that's what he figured, but who knows?

"Sheesh, Yurisa why?" Yuriko shook her head in disappointment. Without warning, she grabbed her sister's arm. "I'm sorry, but we need to talk privately."

"Umm..." Arata was concerned at what was unfolding before his eyes.

"I'm not going to get mad at her, it's fine." She assured and moved towards a corner of the room. Away from any peeping eyes.

Hopefully, she wasn't going to do anything he wouldn't approve of. With that, he decided to rejoin the others who had just finished up setting things up. This little party for the kids was about to begin.

"This is going to be a lot of fun." Yogi commented, elated that they were going to be enjoying a little bit of the holiday festivities. "Right Yuki?"

"Yeah..." She had a much more muted tone compared to his. Parties are far from her strong suit, to say the least of it. If anything, she absolutely dreaded the idea of a party.

This one particularly more so, because of her agreement with Arata.

"Come on, Yuki." Arata offered his hand to her. "We should talk with some of the kids." He knew her type, she was definitely going to just sit off somewhere alone, unless he intervened.

Wow, the two of you really got close, didn't you?" Yogi commented, glad at this development. Of course, he didn't know the true nature of what was going on.

So Arata took her by the hand and pulled her along to some school children. She was nervous, this was going to be one the first time she spoke to people that she didn't know without her cousin by her side. At least, since coming back to Japan. Thought they were almost half her age, that fact didn't make her feel better about this.

"Hello, are you all having fun?" He brought them to some kids he never met before. Surely they'd be nice though, since none of the kids he knew in this classroom mentioned any trouble makers.

They nodded in response, their smiles made it clear that was the truth. This seemed like a good spot to start, just a small group of kids. Two boys, and two girls. This should be safe for Yuki, he thought.

"H-hi." Yuki spoke up, when he nudged her a little with his arm. "Do you... Think the... Decorations look nice?" She asked, barely able to come up with any subjects to talk about.

"They're really nice and scary." One of them said. "Did you put them up?"

"I might've done... a little of it. Yes." She said it as if she was guilty of something. When all they were giving was a compliment.

"How come you're so small?" One of the girls asked. "Aren't you the same age?" Now things were moving in a direction she wasn't a fan of.

"We are..." She said, feeling ashamed by her lack of growth. "I'm just late at growing, that's all." At least that's what she told herself to make her feel better.