What Should I Do?

Arata felt like he had really done it now. Sitting in class during the afternoon, all he could think about was how he had last seen Misei. Lunch felt really awkward, it's not as if they chatted like friends before, but both of them were trying really hard not to acknowledge the other.

It didn't go unnoticed either. Yogi couldn't help, but notice his poor mood. It wasn't as if he wasn't used to strife.

"Hey." He struck up the conversation during their break. "It looks like something's wrong between you and Misei?"

"So you noticed it." Was the response that Arata gave him. He wasn't sure if he should get into specifics, or whose sake that was for. Luckily, that wasn't a decision he was going to have to make.

"Misao already told me about what happened at the pool." So there was nothing to hide then? Even with that being the case, could he rely on this boy to help him? Did Arata even want help?

"If that's the case, then you already know what she did was very foolish." He crossed his arms, acting all mighty about it.

"Of course, she could've been seriously hurt." He agreed. "But I don't think you should be so hard on her. She gets kind of prideful sometimes."

"Prideful?"

"Right, I guess you've never gotten a chance to really know her yet. It's just that everything I've ever seen her do, she's always wanted to be the best at." Yogi recalled to Arata probably the biggest moment in her life. At least from his point of view.

That would've been when she ran for school president. Thinking of it now, it had been just over a year at this point when it happened. That girl went into overdrive for the campaign, claiming it to be the single most important thing for her in high school to him.

"Well I know how that ended, she won. I even voted for her actually." He wasn't planning to initially, but Yogi's constant pestering left him not much of a choice.

"But I don't think you understand how much strain she put herself through for it. It was like she was afraid of losing." He explained further. "I'm glad that when I told her, I was happy for her effort, regardless of winning or losing. That she came to her senses." Arata was sure that made her happy, considering her feelings.

Actually, was this before or after she had a crush on him? Misao didn't state when because she didn't know. Maybe they were just friends at this point.

"Even after that though, I think she still has that competitive side of wanting to be the best to her."

"Interesting. Well not like it matters..."

"I'm so sorry, but do you mind if I say something to you?" A boy interrupted his conversation. He wanted to ask Arata something, but he didn't recognize him, so he wasn't sure of the subject matter.

"Um... Sure, but who are you exactly?"

"Huh? You don't know who I am? I'm the school treasurer." He explained. Yogi confirmed that statement, so that problem was fixed. However, why was the school treasurer talking to him was a whole other deal. "I was hoping if you could lend me a huge favor."

"Favor? It's not like we're old friends or anything." Having a stranger ask for a so-called huge favor was odd to him. Especially for someone like Arata.

"Oh, it must be that thing you asked me about this morning." Yogi chimed in.

"This morning? What's something that I can do, that he also can do?"

"Well it turns out he can't..." This boy explained it as needing someone to fill in for him at the student council meeting. Due to an unfortunate incident that's occurred, he was going to have to be out of town for the second half of the week.