I'll Never Forget What I Have

"What's this?" Arata walked up to the only desk with a bag still hooked onto it. He recognized this, it was Erina's bag.

But what caught his eye was what was on this desk. It was an envelope with his name on it. He figured that this was what she wanted to give him, but where was she now? Maybe she went to the bathroom and wasn't expecting him here yet?

Since that appeared to be the most probable action, Arata felt it was best to just sit at her desk and wait. There was no plan on taking a look at what the contents of this envelope were going to be, until she got back.

At least, that was his plan. However, the temptation to look inside grew the longer he waited. He attempted to convince himself not to look inside. Then again, this was meant for him. So surely she couldn't get mad at him for looking at something that he's supposed to get.

Then again, it might ruin the surprise she was planning for him. This battle in his mind was starting to affect his physical actions. As Arata reached his hand back and forth, debating if he should sneak a peek. Should he? Should he not?

Finally, he gave up to his own desire. Arata picked up the envelope and opened the flap. Since it was in an envelope, the assumption that it was a letter wasn't a bad one. But that meant he wasn't prepared for a plethora of photos to fall out onto the ground.

"Tch, I hope she won't get mad at me." He crouched down to start picking them up. Why was this the stuff she wanted to give him, Arata wondered.

Just as he was about to begin the cleanup, what he saw on them gave him pause. The first one that caught his eye, a picture of him with everyone on the beach.

"Hmm?" He picked it up and studied it further. It showed what he was up to during Summer break. For some reason he was unsure of, Arata felt something stir in him. Quickly taking advantage of it, he scanned for another image.

Found one. On it, was a picture of the production he was a part of. He remembered what Erina told him at the theater, that he played a major role.

"That's right, I... I played Demetrius. And she was Helena." That memory, it came to him. Wait, he remembered it? Quick, another one.

The May Dance, it was coming to him. He won... No, they won. They shared a dance together.

"I didn't answer, but I guess I'm fine with you." Those words, he remembered that he said those words. Arata said them to her, when they were sharing a private dance.

"But I guess you make for a fine second choice." What? He knew he didn't say that. Was Erina the owner of those words? Arata struggled to piece together his memories. No, he couldn't give up now. He felt it, getting closer now.

Without a seconds hesitation, he picked up a photo that was face down. When it was flipped up, it revealed him standing besides Erina.

"You never really know what you have in life, until you take the time to see it." That voice in his head, he recognized it immediately. Hine... This was taken on that mountain, when he was with her and the elderly.

This picture, he remembered now. Everything, the blackmail, the manipulation, their arguments... And the fun they had.

"Erina..." He said her name quietly to himself. When they took this picture, he was thinking of her. Because, that made him happy. "Erina!"

He sprung up from the ground. Where was she? Where was everyone? Taking a glance outside, he spotted her walking off the school ground. Yurime was with her. Arata didn't know why she was leaving, nor did he care.