Lean On Me

"What do you mean she's missing?" He ran up to them, giving them a little more of a shock on top of what they just heard.

"Oh, um well. I just left her alone for probably a few minutes. So that I could get the equipment I need to draw her blood. When I returned, she was gone."

"Maybe she went to use the bathroom or something?" Akiba offered an idea, one that he knew for certain was wrong.

"I told her specifically not to leave the room. It wasn't going to take long, maybe ten minutes at most." Koume answered.

"How bothersome, this isn't the time to be playing hide and seek." Said Misei.

"I agree. If Yogi dies because of this, it's going to be really annoying." The way Yuriko put it was the strangest way one could say to make it sound like you don't care and care about someone.

Arata froze, everything sounding muffled to him. Hearing this, he knew the truth of why she was gone. Yet, should he tell them? She kept it secret for a reason, and he understood that people like to keep the things they have private for a reason. Conflicted, he struggled with what he was going to say next.

"Kashimura?" A voice brought him back to the conversation at hand. It was Akaki, noticing he had grown silent. "Is something wrong?" The rest of them looked on at him, waiting for a reply.

"Oh, it's nothing. Uh, we should go look for her." He answered. As much as he thought it might help, he'll keep to himself, for her sake.

"If that's the case, then it's best if we split up. So that we can cover the most ground." Misei took control of the situation. "Yuriko, you should stay here and keep an eye on the front door. At least we can make sure she's still inside the hospital." The girl nodded in agreement. The others left the main room in search of Erina.

"Hey." Making sure that the others were gone, he grabbed Koume before she left to search. "You should try and check if the hospital can find the blood they need elsewhere."

"Right, it looks like even if we find her. She probably won't allow us to take her blood." Confirming this, the two separated. Arata quickly found himself rushing to the room that Erina was last at.

Getting there, he realized that he should've mentioned where she was in the first place to the others. Then again, it was unlikely that she would be near. If anything, he thought she might try and get as far as she could from it.

Either way, it would at least give him a starting point to begin his search. He scanned where this area led to, it didn't seem there was anywhere that would necessarily be off-limits nearby. Given the situation, even that might not stop her, though it would give the rest of them some trouble.

Where could she possible be hiding at? The hospital was a pretty busy place, so hiding in plain sight wouldn't be unheard of. Or perhaps she was in the vents. Given what he'd seen from her so far, she certainly was acrobatic. Climbing into the ceiling above wouldn't be a challenge for her.

He stood still for a moment. More thoughts coming into his head. Thinking that this was all his fault. If only he hadn't pushed her into this or given the others false hope for their friend. This could've been simple, if only he hadn't been so selfish, he thought.

He would've fallen more into despair, until an odd sound broke him out of his trance. What was that sound? It sounded like, sniffling? At a hospital with sick people, that wasn't something that would catch one's attention. Except this didn't sound like the sniffles of someone with a cold. No, this sounded more like...

"Crying?" He said aloud to himself. That must be it, but why? He took his time to listen more carefully. Trying to search out the source of it. He hadn't moved from his spot, so it couldn't be far away from the room that Erina was last at. Was it her?