The Other Side

She didn't mean to, but yet after hearing what he was about to do. Hifumi just couldn't resist following him back home, and waiting for his date to begin. Her grandmother told her to not worry, yet at the same time. That thought of him being with someone else was too much for her. What were they going to do?

So that's what she did, hiding around every corner as the two of them were making their way to their destination. One that she was very familiar with, the arcade.

"Hmm, clearly this is Arata's idea." She muttered to herself. The president never gave off vibes that she was into this personally. Though she believed that it was thanks to her that Arata was taking the lead here.

She was about to enter herself, knowing the layout here was going to be to her advantage. However, a girl's humming stopped her first. She recognized it, but it was too late to avoid it.

"Oh hello." It was Matsu, who had just finished some club activities with her friends. "You're Hifumi Onuki, right?" They hardly knew each other, only meeting that one time with Arata. Why was this girl talking with her right now?

"H-hello." She responded, stammering from the fear of being caught. It would appear strange if it was found out that she was stalking Arata at this moment. Now that she was thinking of it... This really was stalking, how could she stoop to so low? "Fancy meeting you here."

"Yep, it's funny how I always seem to run into other students." She replied. Matsu always just chalked it up to her attractive personality. "Anyway, I gotta get going." She said, beginning to leave. Much to Hifumi's relief. "I'm going to pay a surprise visit to Arata's house."

"Too bad you won't see him there." Hifumi said, then gasped, covering her mouth. She had made a grave error.

"Hmm? He's not home right now?" Matsu froze in her tracks. "If you know that, then you must've ran into him. Where was that?" This was a rather bad predicament she had found herself in. If Hifumi said this correctly, then she could play it off.

"You see, I saw him with another girl. He's actually on a date right now." She was hoping that would be enough to deter this girl. She'd probably go home after hearing something like that. Too bad that she really didn't know Matsu on a personal level.

"A date!" Matsu couldn't believe her ears. She rushed up to Hifumi, grabbing her shoulders and shaking as she asked her next question. "A date? Where? Where did you see him? Who was he with?"

A barrage of questions attack the poor girl. All she wanted to was follow someone in peace. Now here she was, getting shaken up by a girl she hardly knew. Hifumi just wanted this all to stop, so she spilled the beans.

"I... Just... Saw... Him... Go into... The arcade." She answered, the moving around made it hard to speak up. When this girl gets going, she's really dangerous to be near.

"He is?!" Matsu was about to bolt into the building, but Hifumi grabbed her by the back of her blouse. Causing the girl to fall onto her back. She knew if she was allowed in like this, then her cover was going to be blown.

"What are you doing?" She asked her. This behavior was far from what she was expecting. It's a good thing that people walking by were minding their own business. Because this was an odd sight to be witnessing. "Wait, do you... Like Arata?"

"Um, just a little..." Matsu quietly admitted. This was not something that Hifumi wanted to hear. It turned out there was more competition for her than expected. Though if that was the case, then Hifumi didn't need to hide anything to her anymore.

"That's fine..." She replied. "I like him too, so I was just..."

"Stalking him?"

"I was going to say keeping an eye on." She responded, miffed at the word choice from her companion. "Look, just follow my lead. That way, we won't get caught. Deal?" Matsu nodded her head in agreement. They may not be friends, if anything, closer to rivals. However there was a common foe here to worry more about.