Showtime

The ball was now here. Even after getting better at dancing. The anxious feeling of going through with it, along with being watched by the hundreds of first year students was more than enough to being concern.

Arata stood alone, hoping that his past week's work was enough. Other than learning to dance with Erina, he also put in a lot of time in the past few days teaching Yogi himself. That boy was surprised when he insisted, especially after saying just days ago that he'd never danced.

It was going to be all worth it, for his plan could finally go into action. While there was no guarantee of the votes going his way. He made sure that those two were going into this with the best skills of the attendees.

"Are you ready?" Erina popped up behind him, startling him a little.

"About as ready as I can get." He replied. Standing side-by-side, in a line with the others. The two had agreed to pair up in the beginning. He knew that was the best way to enact his plan. For the second part of this plan, he needed to get her with Yogi as best he could. He could tell the others were thinking of the same thing.

The lights dimmed, they entered the dance floor. It being the stage where they also had their entrance ceremonies, or theatrical plays. Looking out at the crowd, his heart rate jumped up from all the students watching them. It was showtime.

The music, a classical peace, played. The spotlight shone on the dancers. He turned to her. Under this light, her flowing blond hair, the deep blue eyes that shone in the light. Her lavender dress, she was beautiful. But even though he at least understood her, he knew what was inside, was something he'd never fall in love with.

They joined hands, and thus began this school dance. A tradition that spanned generations.

"Say, Arata?" She asked quietly.

"What?"

"Do you think I look good? I worked hard to make this dress." He was impressed, she made that on her own?

"I, um, I think it looks good." He responded, downplaying his real feelings. "I'm sure Yogi will love it."

"Gee, that's great." She beamed with happiness. He sighed, figuring that was what she was after.

Eyeing around the dancers. He determined what was going to be the best play. Seeing Akiba and Akaki, he knew his target. Making his move, he made a skillful trade with the pair. Erina for Akiba. He knew that getting the other girls from Yogi would be smart. Giving Erina a better chance, she just had to take advantage of it.

Being with Akiba now, he was a little nervous. She would be the second girl he had ever danced with in his life.

"So I get to dance with you next." She spoke to him. He wasn't really expecting much talking during this dance. Was this how the others were spending their time?

"Yeah, I guess so." He replied, trying to play it cool. Taking what he'd learned, he tried to predict her moves. Yet, it didn't feel like it was working. With all the toes she was stepping on, this was feeling worse than the first day he had with Erina.

He figured she must not be that great of a dancer. He didn't think that most of the other students here were versed like he was at this point. Still though, it felt like something was off. Even that soft smile she had, which looked wonderful. It just felt like there was something wrong with it.

"I heard from Yogi that you taught him dance." She said to him. It wasn't wrong, the amount of time he spent with him was a bit much. He had insisted to try to keep it secret, mostly because of how embarrassing it was to do it. Guess Yogi didn't get the memo.