Mother's Forgiveness

"So she's not here?" Arata, along with Yurime, had made their way back to Yuriko's house.

"No." Her mother replied, tightly holding onto her other daughter. "I'm a little worried, but are you sure that-"

"Of course I'm sure." He said. Yurime stood besides him, trying their best not to get soaked under this rain. Arata understood that now that he knew the truth. Yuriko's parents may feel a bit concerned about how he would take the news. They had learned about his identity after Yuriko told them. Reminding them of that painful time in their lives.

It was possible that she might not let Yurisa be in his care, if she had known earlier. However, in the end, she was glad that she did. He truly was a kind boy.

"The weather's pretty bad, so I'd hate to think she's just out there." Her mother voiced more concern. "She used to do this when she was younger, but never since she came back."

"I know. She's probably really upset with me." He said, but truthfully. He knew that she was actually mad at herself.

"But it's okay. We'll find her, no problem." Yurime did her best to keep their morale up. With everything going on, they were going to need it.

"Are you sure everything will be okay?" Yurisa asked, unsure of how this was going to play out. In response, Arata knelt down to her, putting his hand over her head.

"We've got some things to work out, but I promise that everything will be okay when we get back." With that, the two rushed out and went to find places where she could possibly have gone to.

But the most important place at the moment, was definitely at Arata's house. Because his mom was with an unexpected guest.

"Oh dear, did something happen?" His mom asked. Yuriko stood before her, completely doused by the rain. "Is Arata all right?"

"..." At first, Yuriko was silent. If it wasn't for the rain, then his mother would see just how much she was crying. The longer she stood there, continuing this idle silence. The more his mom got concerned that something serious had happened to him. "...He's fine." That was a relief to hear.

"Then why are you here?" Again, there was a long pause from Yuriko. Honestly, she wasn't exactly sure why she came here. It was all a daze starting with when she ran away from him. Maybe she simply got confused and went to the wrong house. Or maybe, her heart wanted to be here, for one simple reason.

"I'm sorry." She said, after some contemplation. "I don't think that your son will want to be friends with me anymore."

"Nonsense." His mother replied. "Now come in, you'll catch a cold with this weather." She ushered the girl inside. It was a strange feeling, almost like she was taking in a runaway or something. But Arata's mom was no stranger to teenage problems. She had her fair share growing up, and two kids to take care of.

Yuriko was sat onto the couch. A towel to cover her wet hair, and a blanket to keep her warm. Arata's mom walked up to her, and handed her a fresh cup of steaming hot tea. The girl didn't accept the offer, and it lay atop the table. The young girl's reflection shone from its liquid.

"Honey, you can't just sit there without saying anything." His mom prodded her a little. "You say that my son's fine, but then you say that he doesn't want to be your friend. I don't understand what's going on." Again, Yuriko stayed in silence, but his mom was about to get her answer another way.

The phone rang, she went to go pick it up. It was Arata. He told her everything, well pretty much everything she needed to know.

"I see." She responded to him. "Well, stay safe out there." His mom turned to the girl after she placed the phone back down. Yuriko could tell what she knew now, quickly she attempted to stand up. However, his mom was quickly, and placed a hand over her shoulder. Stopping the girl in her tracks. "Don't be scared, I wasn't thinking of doing anything bad."