Still Searching for Answers

"This is pretty bad." Arata commented. The trio were now in the library, with Erina and Arata planning their next course of action.

"Yeah, I really don't know where we can go from here." Erina agreed with him. Yuki sat with them silently. She felt bad that he was going through this. If she had to go through this herself, that would be pretty traumatizing.

"Ah, who would want to do this? I have a hard time believing that anyone of us would do this now." Racking his brain for those among the group. The most likely suspects would be Akaki and Misao, since they were the supporters. Except, he knew neither of them would want to do this. Not with how Misao seemed to act about him joining the group, and Akaki wouldn't risk Arata revealing his secret as revenge.

"That is a good question." A new voice joined this conversation. It was Hifumi Onuki, the student librarian. For someone that usually didn't spend time with people, she had oddly placed herself in this group.

"What?" He didn't know what she was talking about. There's no way she'd have any idea of what they were actually discussing. "I'm sorry, but this is kind of a private matter." This girl was strange to him. That moment when he had to take a picture with her, made no sense to him.

"Really? And here I thought that you were worried that people were going to find out that you're actually an otaku."

"Look, we're just... Wait, did you just say-"

"Otaku, yes. That's exactly what I just said." This didn't feel real to him, this strange girl knew his secret? That had to be a bluff, so he tried to play dumb.

"I think you got me mistaken for someone else." He said, with Erina and Yuki backing him up.

"I don't think so." She held up a picture of Arata reading manga to his face. He recognized this picture, it was during last year's culture festival. It turned out that he really had been caught, and never even knew it.

"Wait, are you the blackmailer?" Erina asked her, rather loudly at that.

"Perhaps you should remember we're in a library." Hifumi scolded her, as if what they were talking about wasn't serious. "And to answer your question. No, I'm not some blackmailer."

"How many people actually know my secret?" He lamented, covering his face with his hands. Had he really done that bad of a job, that people had ammo to blackmail should they need to. Why even him in the first place?

"Oh, what's there to be ashamed of?" Hifumi giggled, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "There's nothing wrong with liking something, right?" He wasn't really comfortable with how close she was getting. The feeling of her breaths brushed along his face, sending shivers down his spine.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Erina asked her in anger from this sight. "Don't just go around sexually harassing people."

"People? Oh no, I would never do that." She replied. "Just him..."

"Okay, maybe you should keep your distance." His heart was beating a mile a minute with what she was doing. Turns out this librarian girl was pretty crazy.

"S-sorry." She backed off of him. "Forgive me, but it's not often I get to be so close to you." They all looked at her with visible confusion. "But I guess you could say... that I'm quite fond of that side of yours."

"That side? The otaku side?" Yuki asked her. This school was a lot weirder than she'd ever imagined before she transferred.

"Ah yes, well you could say that I'm one myself." She told them the truth. In reality, she was an even bigger fan than Arata or Yuki.