Stuck Between My Sister and a Blackmailer

This was quite the position Arata had found himself in. If only he didn't ask her, then none of this would be a problem. Sitting in class, it was hard to stay focused with this on his mind.

It was even more of a surprise that the two knew each other in the first place. Why did it have to be this way?

"Hey." Yogi got his attention. "I hope that Ayami's doing well, did she make it back to okay?"

"Yeah, it was a safe trip." He answered. "Speaking of my sister." He needed to know something about these two, like what exactly their relationship was from his point-of-view. Even if he didn't choose to support his sister, it could be important to know. "How exactly do you know each other?"

"Ha... Funny story." The way he explained it, his story lined up with hers. Except there was one problem that Arata had with it. If they did spend as much time as they did together, how did Erina not know about her? After all, that girl seemed to enjoy stalking that boy. Plus, he never saw Ayami pop up in any of her pictures.

"You know, when we had dinner together, how come that was the first time Ayami met any of our friends?"

"Well, I guess it's partially because of her age." He explained. "We were just first years when I got to know her, but she was a third year." Yogi figured that the age difference might cause some problems, rumors might run a muck. He felt it best to keep it a secret, even from his own friends.

"Really?" He figured that Ayami must've been fine with that arrangement, if that meant she got some private time with the boy she liked.

"I have to say though, I'm grateful that I met her." He said. "Before, I was too embarrassed to admit to everyone how much I was struggling in school. She encouraged me to be as open as I am today."

"Yeah, now you're perfectly fine with asking for my help pretty much everyday." Arata finished his thought. "I guess you can say that the Kashimura's are your own private tutors." He joked.

Before their break finished, they were interrupted by a certain school reporter. Yurime walked up to the pair as she usually did. Something like this signaled that the school was about to do something special.

"Hey, what's up you guys." She said to them, acting like they were old friends.

"We're just talking about stuff, what are you up to?" Yogi asked her, Arata noticed her notepad, ready for notes.

"I'm guessing you're going to ask us some questions about some upcoming school event, aren't you?"

"And you'd be right about that." She confirmed his guess. "With our school's culture festival, how couldn't I?"

"Last year was pretty fun" Yogi reminisced over the past. Though from his point-of-view, it was also a rather tiring and troublesome event. Having to share one-on-one time with everyone, that was an odd experience for him.

Arata, on the other hand, remembered sneaking off somewhere that no one would be able to find him. While hiding, he could just secretly read a manga he brought to school. Probably the most riskiest thing he ever did in his life.

"So what are you two planning on doing during it?" She asked them.

"I guess whatever Yogi's doing." He answered.

"Well, this year I think our class is running a cafe." Yogi commented. That was not a meeting that Arata attended, it sounded a bit cliché to him. Still, not a bad time to enjoy watching some cute girls wearing cute maid outfits, if that's what they were going to do.

"Then we're running a cafe then."

"Interesting..." She jotted down the details on her notepad. "What about the play then?"