Studying

Arata furiously ran around his house. He had to make sure that everything was in place for his planned study session with Yogi and Erina. It wasn't so much as to make sure the place was clean, but rather to ensure that no secret items were scattered for just anyone to find.

When he had told Erina of the plan, he didn't think she could've looked happier. Maybe a little too happy, seeing as he got stuck with having this at his place. Yogi told him that it couldn't be at his house because of some renovation happening. It was too late to back out, so he had to accept.

But if Erina's reaction wasn't enough, when he told his mom about this. That was a different story. His mom was so elated that he was bring over friends. She acted all proud about it, but he believed that she wouldn't feel that way if she knew why he was doing this. It certainly wasn't for friendship reasons.

He couldn't possible allow either of them to enter his room. Well specially Yogi since Erina already knew, but it would be suspicious if only she was allowed in. For once this week, luck shone on him. Since his sister had recently left for college, that meant her room was free game for studying. Everything had finally been set up, when he heard the doorbell.

"All right, showtime." He said to himself. Preparing himself, he opened the door to greet his guests. "Hey Yogi and... Huh?" His mouth dropped to the floor when it wasn't only the pair that he was expecting. In fact, the whole gang was here.

"Hey, uh, funny story actually." Yogi nervously laughed. He explained that he mentioned their plans to Akaki, who apparently, along with Akiba that they also needed to study for a test. Erina told about this little study date to Misei and Misao. Arata assumed for gloating purposes. And thus, the planned get-together got a little bigger.

Arata was furious. He wasn't to scream and shout obscenities. A lot of them. But he kept his composure, for this was neither the time nor place for that.

"Wait, but what about you Yuriko?" Oddly she was left out of all this.

"Well I just happened to live around here and saw them walking here. I can't believe this idiot would think that I wouldn't want some help studying either." She insulted Yogi as usual.

"Really, I've never seen you around here." He asked. Of course, what she was saying was probably true. It's not like he ever explored outside his house that much.

"Well I do. So you can just back off." She got defensive. It was a little frightening to him.

"Oh I'm not saying you're lying or anything." He didn't want to make things worse, but the look on her eyes made it seem like that was not the best thing to say. "M-maybe we should just get started."

"Great, so where's your room?" Yogi asked.

"Yeah, where is it?" Erina chimed in. She obviously knew, but she was teasing him.

"Actually, we're not going to my room." They looked at him, confused. "Uh, we have another room that's a little bigger. Since, you know, because there's a lot of us here." That sounded like a good excuse. If it was just Erina and Yogi, then it'd be easier to hide his secret. Since she had a stake in keeping it that way too, for now. With all these people though, that was a bit harder, to say the least.

"Oh my, I didn't realize you were having so many friends over." His mom walked by. Other than pretty much everyone not named Yogi or Erina, his mom was the last person he wanted talking right now.

"Ah, yeah. I guess this is a bit more than what I said." He wanted her to go off and do something else. This was getting sad for him. "Here, I'll show you guys where we're studying at." He pointed them over to his sister's old room. However, before entering himself, his mom grabbed his attention for a bit.