The New Transfer Student

Things were looking pretty positive for Arata nowadays. Sitting in class before it began, he was much happier than he ever was.

"Who are you talking to?" Yogi noticed chuckling coming from his friend, while on his phone.

"Oh, I'm just chatting with someone online." He replied. "It's not anyone you know, technically I don't know them in person either." This was someone that he started chatting up with to talk anime and manga for a little while now. It must've been shortly after he met Erina that this started.

"Wow, that's sounds pretty cool." Yogi was enamored by that, he thought it was interesting to make friends online. "Do you know where they live?"

"Funny you should say that." Arata laughed. "They just moved here to Japan recently. They're from America."

"Really? Then how have you been able to talk with each other?"

"Oh, well according to them. They're half Japanese, half American." Of course, since he had never even seen them before. They could've been lying to him, something that he always kept in mind. Arata always stayed honest with them though, since he didn't think it was a big deal if they weren't going to meet.

"Okay students." The teacher got everyone's attention. "Before we begin class, I'd like to say that we're getting a new transfer student." This news sent everyone to murmurs, curious as to who it was going to be.

"Oh bother." Arata said to himself. He knew from his experience in both anime and real life what this was going to bring. If this was a girl, then all the boy would be too excited for this. If this was a boy, then all the girls were going to go nuts. He was hoping that the classroom he was in was going to be an exception.

"This is going to be exciting." Yogi commented. He wasn't surprised that he was looking forward to this. This just meant another opportunity to make friends.

"Okay, please come in now." The teacher beckoned the student to enter. It was a girl that walked into the classroom.

There were two things that stuck out to him. The first would be her long snow white hair that reached down her back. The other would be her rather small stature. More accurately, the otaku inside him would say she fit the loli size.

Judging by the reactions of the boys in this class, they seemed pretty subdued. Was it because of what he was hoping for, or was it because they were disappointed? He thought she was cute, but he also felt that he might get in trouble for feeling that way.

"H-hello..." She introduced herself, clearly nervous with all these eyes on her. "I-I'm Yuki Sugioka." So that was her name, he thought. She slowly put up her hands to show off two peace signs. "I-I hope w-we have a w-wonderful time together..."

"She's trying too hard." He whispered to himself. Arata was the last person to try and be cool, but at least he knew what wasn't.

"Okay, thank you. Now how about you go take the seat behind Aono." The teacher informed her, so that class could begin. So they were going to have to sit near the new girl? Probably a good chance for Yogi to try and make new a friend, Arata thought. Except, what happened next shocked him instead.

"I'm so glad we're in the same class." The girl said this to Yogi as she walked by them. He couldn't believe his ears, this girl knew who that boy was?

"Right, I'm glad too." Yogi replied. He knew her too?! Arata was in awe of this sight. Usually, if there was a love interest with a transfer student. It was closer to a bad thing for the protagonist. That love would get in the way of his goals. But this girl... She already had an advantage?