Take a Dive

"That's a really cheesy way of saying it." Misei was not amused.

"I'm-I'm sorry." He said. Arata just couldn't resist saying that line. "Anyway, let's just hop in over at the shallow side here." He led them over to the part of the water where they could just stand.

They entered, sans Misao who found herself a place to sit and watch. The cold water sent a chill up his spine, he was certain they felt the same way. In a sense, looking at them, wearing those floaties for children. Arata felt like he was watching over kids like he usually did.

"So what now?" Misei asked, impatience seeping in. Getting this done was the first and only thing in her mind right now.

"First, you should try letting your feet up. That way, just let yourself float in the water." They should be fine, they do have precautions after all. He wanted them get used to the feeling, so they didn't have to panic for later.

They did as he said. Lifting their legs up, they leaned back into the water. Their floats did most of the work in keeping them afloat. Not that it didn't make Erina nervous, he could see the labored breathing she had.

"Erina, please calm down." He instructed. "You're just making it harder to stay above water."

"Right..." Misei was doing much better than her counterpart.

"Nice job, president." He commended her. "Now let's just try some simple water kicks..." He continued to give them basic moves to learn. There wasn't any shortcuts to teaching that he was aware of, nor did he want to try any. It just wasn't worth it, if they weren't at least competent in swimming by the time this was over.

He thought that things were going really well at this point. Of course, once he thought that, fate just had different plans for him.

"Oh hello everyone." A new voice filled the room. Arata wasn't expecting anyone else, the student school nurse was not what he would've anticipated.

"Hello Ms. Mino" Misao greeted her back. She had been reading a book while waiting for them. Arata motioned the other two to continue practicing what they had been working on, Meanwhile, he exited the pool to confront her.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd be here." He walked up to the girl's that weren't swimming.

"Well I was about to go home myself, when I ran into Aono and the others. He told me that you were giving Hayama and Jingu some swimming lessons. So I wanted to be here, in case something goes wrong." He understood it now. Seeing as the last time he saw her, they were in a medical emergency. She probably saw them as a problematic bunch.

"I've taken precaution for that. Thanks anyway though, I'm grateful for how much you care about the students." He turned back to his students. Misei seemed to notice that they weren't alone anymore. Instead of following his instruction, she sunk her head up to her nose. Trying to hide from their new guest.

"I promise I won't distract you." Said Koume. "I'll just sit with Ms. Shitara, if you don't mind."

"Yeah, that's fine." He returned back to the swimmers, hopping back into the pool. "Good job you two." He complement their quick learning. It was a bit surprising how quick this was going. How did they not learn before?

"We might be going at a good pace, but what is she doing here?" Misei asked.

"Oh don't worry about her, she just wanted to make sure we were safe." He explained. "Though now that's she's here, maybe we can try a bit more of a challenge." He believed that if they could do this, that his job was done.

"A challenge?" Erina's look on her face made it clear that she was concerned with this.

"Sure. First, let's get those floaties off, then we're off to the deep end." He got them out of the pool to take off their extra gear. Then he walked them over to the deepest part of the pool. Arata leaped in without a second thought, the other two were much more apprehensive.