A New Plan

Another exhausting day done. Barely halfway through the week and he already wanted it to end. Was this what most other students meant when he overheard them talking? Except in his case, he was sure that most people didn't have to suffer what he's been through, and what he was about to get.

"Man, that was pretty clever, what you had me do there at lunch."

"What the?" He felt shock, not as much as the first time. "Erina? How'd you get..."

"Through the window, duh." She acted like this was normal. Sane people would disagree. "You really shouldn't be so scared, it's not like I'm going to kill you."

"Yeah, but I guess blackmail's not beneath you. You know I've probably lost five years off my life from all the stress you've caused me." She just laughed him off. Sometimes it felt like she was on a different planet than him. "More importantly, you kind of forgot to mention those other two."

"Who? Akaki and Misao? I didn't think you'd be so worried about just two people."

"Yeah, well those two people are also my competition. I just thought I was giving you an edge, not fighting in the shadows for you."

"You complain too much. Of course there were going to be helpers for them. Why else do you think I got you. If it was between us girls, then I'd easily win." She clasped her hands to her heart again. "Because those three just can't compete with my love for him."

"Ugh." He was getting tired of all this love talk, and it wasn't even that long yet. "What about Kikugawa? Seems like there's an odd one out here."

"Well as far as I'm aware she's on her own. She might as well as give up already then." She spoke gleefully about that fact.

"Don't say it like that." He wanted to correct her about this. "He's the one that chooses, so it's over when he says it's over."

"Oh, but there's no way he couldn't see my love. I'm sure in time he'll know exactly how I feel about him." Arata was doubting this. If anything she was the only girl who Yogi already knew about their feelings for him. He didn't want to say it, but Yogi probably already wasn't into her. Then again, when he asked him. Yogi didn't really reject her either, maybe he was unsure of his feelings?

"Fine, whatever. It's not like I can just give up on you already. Not when you've got me in your trap." He relented to her. If there was a time to go against her, this was not the time. "But can you at least make it fair to me?"

"Fair? How?"

"Well for starters, despite what you think of me, I have a life beyond school. So I'm busy on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school, and Saturdays as well."

"Look I'm not just putting my love on hold so you can do those weeb things you got." He really wished she didn't think that was all he did. Her spying seemed a bit shallow considering lack of knowledge about him.

"No, I've just got promises to others I have to keep. The rest of the time, I can dedicate to you." Realistically, he would've preferred that not be the case. But options are limited to say the least.

"Fine... You get that time then." She allowed it begrudgingly.

"Secondly, I hope you don't mind answering, honestly, some questions I have." She was not amused, stretching out her body, she plopped herself onto his bed all laid out.

"Go ahead then. Ask." This was his chance to find some truth. There was too much in the dark for him, that he had to know. Not even if it was going to help him in his mission. Just that lingering curiosity was getting the better of him.