Guilt

Erina was heading for the exit of festival. Really, any place would've been good, but this way was the most convenient for going back to her house. After she had left Arata, she really did go to the bathroom first.

There, she spent a good 10 minutes just splashing water in her face. Trying to calm herself. What she did with Arata, it felt like she crossed a line.

Once she left the bathrooms, she moved around the festival ground. Wandering and not really knowing where she was planning to go to. At first, she felt like she should look for the others. Yet, when she actually saw any of them. She hid.

What was wrong with her? Why did she feel this guilt? If any of them saw her, they wouldn't think much of what she thought was her crime. But Erina did... She felt that she couldn't face Yogi, that she went too far.

That was the saddest part for her, especially after retelling her story to Arata. She was aware of the annual tradition of the fireworks show here. About the whole kissing deal.

She came here fully expecting to do it with Yogi, but plans often go awry. There is another rule with this so-called tradition. If a girl planned on kissing a boy, then they couldn't kiss another.

Sounds like a normal thing. In fact, most people probably don't think they'll kiss more than one anyway. Except... When she turned to looked at Arata. Seeing them holding hands like that. For one-split second, she thought about kissing him instead.

Even if it lasted no longer than a single second. The wave of guilt that washed over her, caused her to freak out. Running away from him, she cried for what she felt about him. One second, but in reality, a feeling that's been there for a while now.

"Why do I... want to kiss him so badly?" She asked herself. Ever since she met Yogi, that boy was the only person she ever had eyes on. She even vowed to be with him no matter what.

Yet, why was her mind filled with Arata? The day they officially met, she blackmailed him. They weren't even friends for the longest time. When did things start to change?

She remembered their time together. The hospital visit, when he made her feel safe. He was always caring for her, despite their circumstance.

What stood out the most, was when he got mad at her. Right before the culture festival. Seeing his eyes filled with disdain towards her, leaving her the way he did. She never felt anything like that.

That was why, she couldn't bear to be with any of them right now. Her feelings, she wasn't sure. More important to her, she had crossed a line she didn't want to cross.

"I'm sorry everyone." She said, as if she was apologizing right to their faces. "None of you, should want to be with someone as pathetic as me..." She was about to finally make her leave, having made her decision. Until, something grabbed her arm, stopping her right in her tracks.

"I can't just let you leave like this." That voice, it could only belong to one person.

"Arata?" She turned to face him. His face had a serious expression on it. "Your hands, they're so cold..."

"I, uh, just washed them." He was lucky that he stopped for the bathroom. He saw her walking by as he was exiting. That turned out better than expected. "More importantly, I know you're not sick. So why are you trying to leave right now?"

"..." She didn't want to answer that. Telling him the truth, that would be near impossible.

"Please." He pleaded with her. "I know that you were upset when we last saw each other. I want to help." Her eyes widened, she felt that he was doing it again.