Wait

Their time at the convention had come to an end. Pretty much everyone was waiting at the train station, all except Arata.

"Where's Arata?" Yogi asked, noting that their ride was set to arrive in a couple of minutes. Snow was making its first showing here, as the gently white flakes floated down by the windows. It started to collect, obscuring the view outside.

"He'd be here by now if he didn't get swept up in that card game." Hifumi told her. She didn't know how he could get so into something mostly popular with kids, but it was whatever to her. Either way, he told them not to wait for him, if he couldn't get there in time. It wasn't as if he couldn't just take the next train out of here.

"I wonder if he'll make it." Erina pondered, though it wasn't the hope of him making it in time that got her thinking of something.

"He probably won't." Yuki said. "It usually takes a while to finish one of those games." With this opportunity, Hifumi had a major regret to take care of before they left.

"Hey, Erina." She pulled the girl aside while the two cousins were busy talking about other things. "I just wanted to apologize for my behavior earlier." She realized after she cooled down a bit, that it was far from what she was taught by her family. Acting that way was far out-of-line, and she wanted to make sure that there were no bad feelings.

"It's fine. You like him, right? So, I understand how you felt." Erina forgave her. The sounds of the departing train's doors opened. It was the last call of this one, where the next scheduled one was set for about an hour from now.

"I guess we'll just have to leave Arata behind." As much as Hifumi wanted to spend more time with him, she had to go back in time to meet with her grandmother and family.

"Actually, I think I'll stay and wait for him." Erina said, causing a questioning look for her acquaintance.

"Really? May I ask you a question?" Erina didn't think much of that, so she nodded in response. "Do you, also have feelings for him?"

"Eh?" Erina was taken aback at that suggestion. "O-of course n-not." She waved her hands out in front of her. "We're just good friends, that's all."

"..." That did little to convince her, even if that girl wouldn't admit it to herself. "Okay, well have fun, and be careful while you're waiting for him."

"I will." Hifumi got on first, while Yogi and Yuki came up to Erina. She told them of her plans, partially to Yogi's amusement.

"Wow, that's pretty nice of you." Then he leaned in, causing her to feel her heart race from how close they were. "Are you going to confess to him?" He whispered in her ear.

"E-e-eh! Of course not!" She completely shot down the idea, as if it was a completely ludicrous thing to suggest. "I just want to make sure he's fine and can make it home safely. Besides, we both kn~ow who I want." The girl made sure to finish her statement with a little tease.

"Oh yeah, sure." Just like the girl before him, it wasn't enough to convince him. Though it wasn't because of her reaction, but more due to his naive and honestly stupid nature. "We'll see you back at school then." The two cousins got on the train, and it departed from the station...

"Can't believe how long that took." Arata worked his way inside the station. "That girl was a lot better than I thought, I didn't even realize that the game could end in a tie." With how late it was getting, he was sure that he was going to have to wait alone for the train. Not really a big deal, in fact, it was kind of reminiscence of the last time he was here. Once he got at the right spot, he sat down at a bench to wait.