Why Me

"I can't believe this is happening to me." Arata, still reeling from that morning said to himself. He wished this was some bad dream he was going to awakening from soon, but this was no mere nightmare. This was now his reality.

"Whoa, you looks like you've seen a ghost." Yogi noticed his discomfort. While it would've been nice to have someone's support. He was the last person that he needed right now. "Anything that you need to talk about?"

"Oh no, really it's not big deal." He deflected. "Nothing that you need to worry about." He laughed.

"Oh okay, if that's what you want." He let off, "But if you do have a problem I think you should talk to someone about it."

"Oh I think I might have someone in mind." Of course, the person he was referring too wasn't exactly helping him to say the least. But with lunchtime about to start, he knew there was only one place he had to go. "Speaking of, I think I need to go see them right now."

"All right then. Sadly for me, I gotta help a teacher with some paperwork so I won't be eating lunch today."

"Shame for that. Hope that your friends don't mind." Odd though, it's not as if he couldn't eat in the teachers' room.

"I hope so too, except I think Erina said she had something else as well and couldn't make it either." So she's expecting him, he thought. Not a surprise given he imagined she was planning it for a while, but now it's his turn to get what he wants. The pair went their separate ways. Arata found himself out on the outside eating area. Being that he usually kept to himself at his desk, eating his own homemade food, going here was foreign for him.

"Yoohoo, over here." A voice called to him. It was her, the first and last person he wanted to see right now. He made his way over, a place that was relatively secluded, but there was still some students around. Enough to make him nervous.

"All right, I'm here." He said, enthusiastically. "I'm hoping this is the part where you tell me this is all some twisted joke you're pulling."

"Joke? Ha, the only joke here is your outfit."

"What? But I'm just wearing the school uniform." She burst out in laughter.

"Like I said, that's my joke here." Her jokes may not have been funny to him, but it did mean she was serious about the other deal. Even if that made him sadder.

"You know what I'm talking about" He sighed, sitting beside her. As he took his lunch out, he took note of her own food. Seemed as though she made it herself as well.

"Ah I see you make your own lunch as well." She commented on his own food.

"Huh? Oh right, yeah I just do that so I can get food I want to eat. I see you make yours as well there."

"Yep, I've gotten a lot of practice lately." She confidently answered. "That way I make sure Yogi can get a good meal everyday." She clasped her hands over her heart saying that.

"You make him lunch?"

"Of course I do silly." Well at least it explained what Yogi meant earlier. "Oh look over there." She pointed over to a pair of students, a girl and a boy to be precise. "You know who they are, right?"

"Of course I do." The two students were Akiba Shinshiro and Akaki Miyatani. Those two have been friends with Yogi since they were pretty young. Arata recalled their first day of school. When the trio were glad to be in the same class as each other. It made him a little jealous at the time. If only he had someone that he could've been friends with since they were kids.

"Well I guess it shouldn't be a surprise for you, but that girl over there is in love with Yogi." This was something he felt was true, but until this confirmation didn't know for sure.