Dinner for Two

Sitting down at a table with Erina, Arata took a look at his surroundings. The place looked rather nice. The lighting was just right, the tables and floor were spotless. Even the candles that the owner placed on their table looked new.

"Well Erina, I'm assume the usual for you." He said, her nod being the only answer he needed. "And what would you like?"

"Ummm." Taking a quick look over the menu. He could see why she called it a noodle shop. Seemed like they had most, if not all, the possible bowls that fit under that category. "I'll take the udon bowl."

"Fine choice. I'll leave you two alone and it'll be out shortly." He left the pair, and with him, any sound being made. Sitting there in complete silence. It was unnerving to him, even if he was usually fine with not talking in public areas, it felt weird at this private table.

"So, uh it's been quite a day. Hasn't it?" He wanted to try and break their silence. Starting conversations was never something he ever tried to be good at.

"You know, if all we do is eat. Then I'll be fine with it." She said in response. This dinner 'date' wasn't on her wish list of things we wanted to do tonight.

"Oh okay, I guess I'm fine with..." He stopped himself. He couldn't let down Hine, she had to be thinking of something when she suggested this. "Wait, no I'm not fine with that."

"Huh?" She didn't expected this coming from him. She figured that he wouldn't want to talk to someone he didn't like.

"I mean, I don't think Hine would want us to do something like that." He pointed out that the old lady was helping them, it would be wrong of them to not at least try to listen to her. "I just wish I understood what she meant when she told me to try to get to know you better."

"Yeah, I don't really think I agreed with what she told me either." So she was in the same boat as him about the elder's words. At least they had something in common, except for the fact that Arata thought it should've been clear to Erina.

"What do you mean, it's not like you can always worry about what Yogi's going to think." He told her, trying to explain what he was certain was meant by Hine. "Not only is he not your boyfriend, no matter how much you want him to be, but I know he's not the jealous type."

"Really? How can you be so certain?"

"Because I've known him for a while now." While he may not have considered friends. He had sat beside him to know a fair bit about the boy. "He would never get mad at you, or anyone for that matter, even if you did do something wrong." He was aware of the many times Yogi was wronged, even by friends. Yet every single time he forgave them.

Arata never considered himself the forgiving type. However, he couldn't deny that it seemed to work out for the guy. Perhaps because the people he forgave truly were apologizing for their faults.

"I don't know... It just feels like I'm doing something wrong." She muttered meekly to herself. Though she made sure he could hear it at the same time.

"Order's here." Their waiter cut in their conversation. He placed their bowls down in front of them. A nice bowl of odon noodles for Arata. For Erina, it was a large bowl of ramen, filled with different meats and vegetables.

"Hey, um, what Hine gave us. Is that enough to cover all this?" He secretly asked her, making sure the shop owner wouldn't hear them.

"Oh, of course. I already did the math on it." She barely paid attention to him. Instead she rushed to her food, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and started to slurp up noodles.

"Cool, so I guess we can pay right now." He told the waiter.

"Great, that'll be 2500 yen please."