Thirty Nine

(This is gonna be quite the hectic chapter, it's over 1700 words so YOU'RE WELCOME!)

The next day after training and food, the pussycats arranged for us to all go on a spook walk

The next day after training and food, the pussycats arranged for us to all go on a spook walk. Watching the light drain for the five failees as Shota told them they wouldn't be participating was kind of funny, but I also felt bad for them.

I was paired up with Jiro as team three, right behind team two which was Katsuki and Shoto. "Good luck guys," I grinned at them, "try and get along," I added. Katsuki growled at me while Shoto just nodded.

"Good luck to you too," Shoto let out a soft smile.

"Team two! You'rrrrrrree up kitties!" Pixie-Bob called them, so with a wave, I rejoined Jiro.

"You scared?" I questioned once I got to her, to which she shook her head. "Liar," I grinned, my face turning blue. "I'm terrified."

"Glad to know we're on the same page," She sweat dropped with a laugh. "It will feel good to scream though, I hope."

"Yeah, maybe," I agreed just as we were called up by the derranged blonde pro. "Let out some tension, at least for a bit."

"Have fun kitties!" She purred, "try not to wet your pants!"

"Sure thing," I bit my lip as Jiro and I started forward, both of us stiff as a board. It might seem like I'd be able to hold my own in a haunted house or something, but my dad could tell you otherwise.

We only ever went twice, the first when I was little and the second when I was thirteen. I was crying hysterically by the time we finished in both instances, so he decided no more spooky house tours.

Something shifted in the bushes, causing Jiro and me to freeze and slowly move our eyes in that direction. "M-might have just been a bunny," I rationalized when neither of us saw anything. Nodding hesitantly, we continued on our way.

Suddenly, a head popped out of the ground. I screamed at the top of my lungs, clinging to Jiro. She clutched my hands back, shaking as her breathing rate went sky high.

The person slowly went back into the ground, which only made me queezier. "L-lets keep going," Jiro suggested, and with a nod, we continued onwards, making extra sure to go around the spot the head had come up.

A few scares later and I was pretty sure my heart was gonna explode with even one more. Then, I smelled smoke. "They aren't dumb enough to use their quirks against a scarer," I mumbled, now on high alert. Jiro nodded in agreement, her earplugs flying down to the ground.

"Bakugo and Todoroki are still ahead of us, but I'm hearing someone," She pointed to the forest on our right. "Over there. More than one."

"I see something," I narrowed my gaze, seeing something blue. A second later I realized what it was. "Jiro, go on ahead. I can take care of whoever this is."