Twenty One

Since Todoroki wanted his own personal cheerleader, I went with him to help hype him up while we waited for the actual finals to start instead of participating in the side games. As much as I kind of wanted to participate, helping a friend was more important. 

I saw that Bakugo also went off by himself after glancing at us, looking annoyed as he went. I shrugged it off as I walked next to Todoroki. “So, where are we headed?” I asked as we exited the stadium. 

“Just a place to be alone.” He responded, not giving much away. I frowned at him, but sighed and just went along with it. “Also, did you maybe want to change..?” He suggested, his face turning pink. Then I remembered I was actually in a cheerleader uniform so I was a bit more exposed than usual.

“Oh, uh, yeah..” I laughed, “I guess I probably should, I’ll go do that. Be right back!” I called as I ran back to the entry. I made my way through the halls, going towards the locker room. Once I arrived, I quickly changed back into the PE uniform before heading back out. While going towards the entrance, I saw someone.

"Oh, hey Endeavor!" I waved as I walked towards him. He raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Hello, have we met?" The flame hero asked, looking me up and down as he tried to place where he had seen me before. 

"Oh, you don't recognize me?" I smirked, taking out my spare mask and holding it up to my eyes. Recognition sparked in Endeavor, causing him to grin at me. 

"Vigilante?"

"Yep. My real name is Kosuke Akaguro." I smiled back at him. "Anyway, how's life?"

"Not bad, it's been a while since we've talked." Endeavor nodded before pausing. "Wait a second, you said your name is Kosuke?"

"Yes..." I trailed off, not sure what he was getting at. His eyes sparked with delight. 

"So you're the one that's been coming over to the house recently. Shoto has been talking about you a lot."

"Oh yeah?" I laughed, "What's he been saying about me?"

"That you're his self appointed best friend," Endeavor laughed, shaking his head, "That you're pretty and better than me in every way."

"Well, he's not wrong." I stuck my tongue out at him, causing the flame hero to roll his eyes. 

"We have never tested that theory, and I am not eager to find out." He grumbled, so I slapped his back. 

"Come on Todoroki! Don't be such a drag." Suddenly I remembered why I had gone to find him, so I grabbed his ear and started walking towards a non-populated hallway. 

"Vigilante, that's my ear." Endeavor muttered in annoyance. 

"I know," I replied, "We just need to talk."

"Let go."

"No."

"I will burn you."

"I will burn you back." That shut him up as he sighed. Finally we made it to where there were no people. "Todoroki, you need to stop trying to control your son."

"Huh?" He looked at me in confusion. 

"You know what I'm talking about, don't deny it." I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "Sweetie, he hates you. He blames you for his scar, what happened to his mother, and that's why he's not cooperating. I swear to ever loving God, you need to get your act together. He's a living person, and not something you can control."

"I'm just blocking you out right now."

"I know, I'm just telling you how it is." I patted him on the arm, smiling sadly. "If you ever want to have a loving family, change now because someday it will be too late." With that, I turned and I walked away.

I knew I had gotten to him from the look on his face, but if he was going to do anything with this information was the question. Sighing, I just continued outside and found my way back to the other Todoroki. 

“Hey, what took you so long?” He asked, and I shrugged. 

“Ran into your dad just now.”

“Oh.” He suddenly frowned, not liking that idea. 

“But nevermind that, let’s get started!” I grinned widely. “I believe in you Shoto! You can do anything as long as you believe in yourself! And even if you don’t, I do!”

“Thanks, can we just sit in silence for a while?” He asked calmly as he sat down. I frowned, but nodded. 

“Alright I guess. Want me to whisper now?”

“No.”

“Then how am I supposed to hype you up?!”

“Just by being here is enough.” Todoroki suddenly took my hand, squeezing it gently. I blushed slightly, but nodded. We were then engulfed in complete silence as we sat side by side, holding hands as we closed our eyes and--well, I don’t know what he did but I was imagining my Dad and All Might shaking hands, I don’t know why it was just the first thing I thought of.

Soon enough, it was time for the final round to begin. Midoriya was up against Shinso, and to be honest I didn’t know what to expect. 

What did happen blew my freaking mind. 

From what I saw, his quirk made it so whenever someone answered a question from him, he was able to brainwash them into doing whatever he said, and he could either release them or they would be awakened by an outside force. 

That was an amazingly powerful quirk, I wish I had it. Suddenly, I got an idea, which made me smirk. Getting up from beside Bakugou, I dashed up the stairs, trying to get to the other player exit from the stadium so I could talk to Shinso. On my way there, I bumped into Todoroki leaving the player waiting space. 

“So, who won?” He asked.

“Midoriya, but it was really close.” I panted, “Anyway, gotta run! Good luck Shoto!” I called as I continued onward. Finally, I made it to where Shinso had just walked in, only I didn’t stop in time and I crashed into him.

“Akaguro?” 

“Ah fuck- oh, uh, yeah.” I laughed awkwardly, standing up and helping the purple haired male up as well.

“What are you doing here, what’s the rush?” He asked quizzically, and I grinned widely at him. 

“I’ve decided I’m gonna help you.”

“Help me?” Shinso repeated, “How do you mean?”

“You aren’t good in combat, the only strength you have is your quirk,” I explained, causing him to frown but nod. “I can help you with that, if you don’t mind being a bit illegal..” I trailed off, his eyes widening.

“Uh, depends on what you mean by illegal.” He muttered. “But how are you, a hero in training, going to help me to become stronger? I can manage on my own.”

“Really? So far, you have been doing pretty good but only because people don’t know your quirk.” I told him, “But once you’re a pro, people will know who you are, villains will know who you are and what you can do. So you have to be prepared for that.”

We stood in silence for a few minutes before Shinso finally spoke. “What do you have in mind?”