Seventeen

(Sorry I was late with this update, so I got two chapters for ya as an apology. This one is a bit shorter than usual but the next one will be longer!)

"42 of you qualified for the next round." Midnight told us as the unlucky 43rd and under left the stage to to sit down. "Prepare for the next test!" The black haired hero yelled, "A Calvary battle!" Everyone looked at the screen, which also said Calvary Battle.

"I swear to God if Hawks isn't here i'm going to skin him the next time I see him." I muttered to myself, which Todoroki caught.

"Hawks, as in the number three hero?" He clarified, and I nodded. "What do you want with him?" He asked, but I quickly shushed him as Midnight started talking.

"Those of you at the top will suffer the most," Midnight smirked, "But of course, that's something you will hear over and over here at UA. Show us what Plus Ultra means!" Midnight used her whip thingy again, pointing at Midoriya. "Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifier, he'll be worth ten million."

"Ten mil? Holy shit bruh." I muttered, running a hand through my platinum blonde hair as everyone else stared at Midoriya. He looked constipated.

"First years! These are the rules you will abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes." Midnight explained, pointing to the screen as Thirteen, Snipe, and Present Mic appeared, carrying All Might. Dang, go them. "Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands."

An image of All Might showed up, wearing a fifty point headband. "Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them." I laughed as the screen showed All Might's face almost covered in stolen headbands.

"And another thing," Midnight continued, "Even if your headband is stolen and your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up!" she smirked, "This is going to be rough, you may use your quirks as much as you'd like. But, there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card, you'll be disqualified!"

Suddenly, the screen changed from All Might to a timer, "Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams, I recommend you get started!" Midnight announced, and the clock began. Todoroki and akugo immediately turned to me.

"Kosuke, be on my team!" They said in unison, only to glare at each other as I just looked confused.

"Um, if you guys want my points you can have them." I said with an awkward laugh.

"I don't care about your points, I want you and your quirk." Todoroki said, and Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"Don't listen to him, you know that if you're with me you're gonna win." Bakugo smirked, shoving Todoroki out of the way as he held out his hand. "What do you say, blondie?"

"Hmm, tempting offer." I pretended to think about it before giving him a sheepish smile. "Sorry Katsuki, I'm gonna be on my own team. I'll see you two later, yeah?" I said, then headed off towards the wall of the stadium trying to see if I could spot Hawks. I wanted to use his shadow as my front man.

However, I couldn't see him which made me scowl. Looks like I'll just have to pick from what's here, I thought to myself as I looked around the stadium. Just as I was about to start collecting shadows from some pros that were here, someone tapped me on the shoulder. Turning to face them, my eyes widened. "Oh, hey, Shinso right?"

"Yeah." He nodded with a smirk. "Wanna come join my team?"

"Sorry, but I'm gonna be doing my own team." I explained, "But you can have my points if you want them." I offered, causing the purple haired male to laugh as he shook his head.

"No thanks." He said, his smirk widening. Suddenly, I blacked out.