Seven

The next day, I came to school looking more worse for wear. Yesterday after school, I went on patrol as usual, but a villain caught me by surprise and managed to throw me into a wall. My back hurt like a bitch.

Luckily I sleep on my stomach so it was pretty easy to adjust. My dad gave me a five minute lecture of being more careful and knowing your surroundings. I didn't actually get to sleep until around midnight because of now painful my back was.

As soon as I walked into the classroom, Aizawa was already there. "Go to the nurse's office." He ordered, causing me to look at him weird. "I saw what happened yesterday afternoon, so go already." Aizawa told me, handing over a slip of paper I assumed would be a pass.

"Fine..." I grumbled, setting my stuff down by my chair before going to leave. However, someone's hand caught my arm.

"Where the hell are you going, blondie?" Bakugo demanded, annoyance radiating off of him. I sighed, not really in the mood to deal with him.

"To the nurse's office." I replied curtly, causing him to frown. "Please release my arm, Bakugo."

"No, not until you tell me why you've been avoiding me all of a sudden." He growled lowly, and my face flushed as we were suddenly face to face, and very close.

"I-I don't need to tell you anything." I stammered, and immediately cursed myself for doing so. However, Bakugo suddenly dropped my arm and looked down at the ground with a sneer on his face.

"I see how it is." He muttered, and as I opened my mouth to figure out what he meant by that, he sent me one hell of a fierce glare before stomping back to his seat.

Sighing, I turned and left the room, heading down to the nurse's office with the slip of paper in my hand. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by the friendly elder. "Oh hello dear, come lay down on your stomach." She told me kindly.

"Uhh, how do you know what's wrong?" I asked hesitantly. Recovery Girl just smiled.

"Aizawa told me to expect you, and explained what he thought was wrong. And from the way you're moving, he was right." She explained, and I slowly nodded before she got to work on healing me.

"Hey you mind if I take a nap, like now?" I asked sleeping when she finished. Laughing, Recovery Girl told me to take as much time as I needed, and that she would wake me up for lunch.

~•~

"Wakey wakey, Akaguro." A female voice called sweetly, making me groan and roll over. Only to fall off the bed and screech in terror. The old lady came over and looked at me quizzically as I rubbed the back of my head. "Are you alright dear?"

"Just dandy." I muttered back, slowly getting up. "And my back was just feeling better, damn."

Recovery girl laughed, patting me on the back. "It's lunch time, so why do my you go see your friends and eat?"

"Yeah, good idea." I nodded, then thanked her before taking my leave. It didn't take long for me to arrive at the cafeteria, and quickly found my way over to Bakugo and the four others. "Hey guys." I greeted as I sat down across from Bakugo. He ignored me as the other four started talking.

"Hey Akaguro, where were you?" Kirishima asked me, and just as I was about to respond, Mina interjected.

"We were so worried about you, and Mister Aizawa wouldn't tell us anything!" She told me, the worry in her voice extremely clear.

"I was at the nurse's office, sorry to worry you all." I explained sheepishly.

"OMG what happened?! Why we're you sent to the nurse's office?" Mina asked even more worriedly. Just as I was opening my mouth to lie to her, Bakugo cut me off.

"It's none of your goddamn business raccoon eyes." He growled, and immediately the girl shut her mouth. I glanced over at Bakugo, who was angrily eating his food once again, and I decided I needed to eat too.

Since they could see that I was done talking, the others went back to talking amongst each other. Bakugo still looked pissed, but when wasn't he pissed?

After lunch, I walked back to class with Bakugo and the rest of the Bakusquad. Aizawa looked up as we entered the classroom. "Oh good, you're here." He muttered, nodding me over.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked, separating from the group as they went over to their seats. I could feel Bakugo's eyes on me as Aizawa shed his cocoon.

"Today is the day you're going to help monitor students with us." He reminded me, so I nodded with a yawn. "How does your back feel?"

"It feels fine, thanks." I nodded, "Though I had to take a nap afterwards."

"I figured." Aizawa rolled his eyes. "Go sit down, class is about to start."

"Right." I agreed, and we fist bumped before I sauntered towards my seat.

"Blondie, did you and Aizawa just fucking fist bump?" Bakugo demanded from behind me as soon as I sat down. I grinned at him as I swerved in my seat.

"Yeah, so what?" I teased, and immediately the explosive boy flushed.

"Tch, whatever." He rolled his eyes, looking away with a sneer. That look reminded me that I needed to ask him something.

"By the way Bakugo, what did you mean when you said I See How It Is this morning?" I asked him. He glared at me.

"Nothing, fuck off." He grumbled in annoyance, not making eye contact.

"Bullshit, what did you mean?" I demanded, "You know I'm not going to stop asking." I smirked as Bakugo sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Alright, everyone shut up. Today's training will be a little different." Aizawa started off before Bakugo could give me an answer.

"You're not off the hook yet." I whispered back at him before giving my attention to Aizawa.

"You'll have four instructors: Me, All Might, and two other pros will be keeping tabs on you." Everyone looked startled at the amount of pros there were going to be, and I just yawned.

"Sir!" Sero suddenly piped up, "What kind of training is this?"

"Rescue." He told us as he showed us the card with that on it. I really want to know how they decide what to teach, do they just pull cards out of a hat or something? "You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks and stuff like that."

"Disasters, huh? Looks like we'll be in for a big workout." Kaminari grinned at the thought.

"Totally!" Ashido agreed, looking excited.

"Real hero stuff, this is what separates the men from the boys." Kirishima told Kaminari, a huge grin on his face. "I'm shaking with excitement!"

"Finally I'll be able to show how good I am in water, ribbit." Asui smiled.

"Guys I'm not finished yet." Aizawa grumbled in annoyance, and everyone shut their mouths so he could speak. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes," He clicked a button that caused the costume suitcases to appear.

"But keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet and they might limit your abilities." Aizawa continued. "This special training's at an off campus facility so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all, start getting ready." Aizawa walked out of the room as everyone got up to grab their costume.

I went over and grabbed mine from off the shelf, then hauled it into the girl's locker room to change.