Fifty Five

(Congrats on achieving the comment goal! Now you get another one, lolol, how does 18 sound? Good luck and happy reading~}

- Kosuke's Point of View -

"AYE! Kosuke stop fucking around!" I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my side, causing a groan to fall from my mouth as I cracked my eyes open.

"Hey what the hell-"

"Don't What The Hell me!" A familiar blonde rolled his eyes. "I told you we needed to be up by dawn, yet here you are still snug as a fucking rug."

"Whatever Katsuki, my God you're annoying." I rolled my eyes, making myself sit up even though all I wanted to do was sleep more. And it felt kind of weird being here, but I just shook it off and stretched.

My eyes flickered over to Katsuki Bakugo, his cape fluttering behind him as he looked up at the sky. "Morning Akaguro!"

"AHHHH!" I shrieked, turning to glare at the perpetrator. "KIRI WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THAT?!"

"Relax Akaguro, you're even more high strung than Bakugo is," Kaminari commented with a shake of his head as he draped an arm over the redhead's shoulder.

"Am not," I grumbled in return, but he just wiggled his eyebrows.

"Whatever you say gurl."

"Nevermind, we should get going before his majesty throws another fit." I teased, knowing the explosive blonde was listening. I was right, because as soon as I closed my mouth, he growled and spun to face me, grabbing the collar of my shirt.

"You say that again, I dare you." He glared fiercely into my eyes. I only gave him a challenging smirk, running my hands over his exposed chest to momentarily stun him.

"Your majesty, we shouldn't be doing such things in front of Kirishima and Kaminari, it's quite indecent." I whispered playfully in his ear, then managed to flee before he figured out what was going on.

I heard an explosion from behind me, and ducked as something flew at my head. "Fuck you Kosuke!"

"Right back at you, Katsuki." I winked, causing him to growl again.

"I regret taking you with me."

"Welp, too late for that now huh?"

"Come on guys, we shouldn't be fighting!" Kirishima interceded, going between us to make sure we wouldn't exchange any physical blows. "We need to make some headway today, then when we find a place to camp, we can rough house, okay?"

"Whatever shitty hair." Katsuki rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair with a sigh. "Since we all have so much energy, let's go."

"Aw man, what about breakfast? I can't fly on an empty stomach!" I complained as my empty stomach gurgled.

"Me neither!" Kaminari agreed with me with a raised hand.

"Neither of you can do ANYTHING on an empty stomach, what wastes of space!" Katsuki shoved me away from him, grumbling about annoyances before tossing me some jerky as Kaminari gaped at him for not giving him some too. "Kirishima! Transform already, we don't have all day."

"Chilax bro! I gotchu!" Kirishima grinned, and smoke whirled around him as he suddenly turned into a huge red dragon. He snorted, lowering himself so the two of us could get on. Kaminari was the first to climb up, followed by the explosive blonde.

"KOSUKE! Stop stuffing your face and get your stuff onto Kirishima! You're literally useless!"

"I WILL IN A SECOND KATSUKI LET ME EAT!"

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME! EAT WHILE WE FLY!"

"FINE!" I glared at him as I put the pack of terky in my mouth, then started rolling up my sleeping mat. "You're such a jackass."

"You've known that since the moment we met, dumbfuck."

"Didn't know it was gonna rob me of my food back then." I grumbled, allowing him to help pull me up into Kirishima's back. "I am never going to get used to this."

"Don't scream this time, my ears won't be able to take it." Katsuki told me, annoyance clear in his voice.

"Well is it my fault that you make Kiri go top speed from the get go every damn time?" I deadpanned at him as I got situated along with Kaminari.

"We don't have the luxury of a slow takeoff." Katsuki rolled his eyes in response before yelling, "Kirishima, let's go!"

The dragon growled, then shot up into the sky.

From what I remember, the world we were in was one with magic and monsters. There were many races of people, such as Kirishima as a dragonoid, and Katsuki as a hybrid. Myself and Kaminari are humans who happened to stumble upon the dragon and his tamer.

Well, I came along first with my dad since we were out on a bounty hunt, only to come across the ruins of what we assumed to be a village. Katsuki and Kirishima arrived back right then, and misunderstood that we had been the ones to cause the damage.

It was a sheer stroke of luck that through the fight, Katsuki came to understand that we weren't the ones to destroy his village. When that was established, he decided to go find the person that did it. For some reason, I felt like I needed to help him, so I told my dad to go finish the request without me.

I'm so lucky that my dad trusts my judgement, thanks to that he let me go with a pat on the back and a good luck. As for how I got Katsuki to let me go with him, well, he apparently acknowledged my magic style and thus didn't raise a fuss when I asked to help him.

We had covered almost half the continent before we met Kaminari, a trader that specialized in muskets. He also had some really powerful lightning magic abilities, which he controlled through his prized musket, so that was helpful.

Anyway, we were on a hunt for the person that destroyed Katsuki and Kirishima's village. It should have been an easy task, since not many people had magic abilities powerful enough to almost vaporize a huge village like the two had described it as.

Plus, the residue was of all of the elements, first there had been a fire, then water had put it out, and then the ground had been manipulated into an earthquake, and finally a tornado ripped what ever was left of the buildings to shreds and splinters. So, we were on the look out for someone who could use all of the elemental magics, which was rare.

I myself was a shadow magician, so as long as there was light, there would be a shadow that I could control.

So far, we had barely run into any problems, which was good and bad since our whole purpose was to go find the asshole that had destroyed Katsuki and Kirishima's village. Occasionally we'd kick some monster ass, but that was just some lightwork stuff to stay in shape.

Honestly, I was starting to wonder if we should venture into the demon king's territory.

And that's when it happened.