Fifty Nine

(Comment goal is 10, so good luck and happy reading!)

- Kosuke's Point Of View -

"Hell no," Katsuki scowled. Dinner had been served and eaten, and most had retired to their sleeping bags for the night. I was sitting in front of him with Kirishima by my side, and we were trying to get him to agree to going with Deku and the others to defeat the demon lord.

"Why not?" Kirishima demanded. "For all we know, it could be him that did it!"

"I'm not traveling with the damn nerd." Katsuki exacted.

"You don't have to! We just have to be going in the general direction of them, and meet up during the night," I tried to appease him, but he just scoffed and leaned back on his arms with a glare.

"You just wanna have that icyhot bastard around, don't you?" He sneered, causing Kirishima and I to glance at each other briefly like we were dealing with a toddler throwing a tantrum.

"He would be pretty handy to have around," I shrugged eventually before pausing and squinting at the barbarian. "Hold up, are you jealous?"

"Jealous of what exactly?" He squinted right back at me. Blinking a few times, I tried to think of a way to phrase it so that he wouldn't blow up on me, but the dragon beat me to it.

"Jealous that Akaguro and Todoroki are getting along so well!" He supplied. This time, it was Katsuki and I that were looking at him like he was nuts.

"Why would I need to be jealous when Kosuke's mine?"

"Huh?" I must have heard wrong, right? There's no way he said that I was his, right? That would be absurd. Now Kirishima and Katsuki were giving me a weird look.

"What do you mean, huh?"

"I-I must have heard wrong--"

"You didn't, dumbass," Katsuki ripped my shirt so that my shoulder and collarbone were showing, along with the bite mark he had left all that time ago. "This is why I told you to stop saying that I bite, because I won't bite anyone but you."

"Wha--" Now I was gawking at him because that was just nuts. "But.. I didn't get a choice?" I looked around, trying to figure out if I was the only one confused by this turn of events.

"You don't have to do anything really, just give him a goodnight kiss once in a while!" Kirishima offered. Instantly, Katsuki lit his ass up like a firework show on Christmas, drawing a yelp from him. As I processed the situation, the two ran around the campsite, one trying to murder the other. On their second lap, I started laughing, which made Katsuki pause in his pursuit of his dragon, which gave Kiri enough time to get out of range and hide.

"Ya know what, fine," I grinned and stood up, cracking my knuckles, "I guess I can work with that. Katsuki, come get your goodnight kiss!"

"OH HELL NO!"

In th end, Katsuki got his goodnight kiss but demanded we cuddle all night, so we fell asleep entangled. When I woke up, Katsuki was growling at Deku to get lost, so of course I flicked him and told him to be nice.

And that was when I realized that we had never actually managed to convince Katsuki to travel with Deku and the others, making me groan. "You're lucky we have time for food today," Katsuki grumbled as he got up and stretched, so I did the same with a smile.

You never know how much you love breakfast until it becomes a scarce activity because you're always moving. When I was with my dad, we always had breakfast, but ever since I joined up with Kirishima and Katsuki, having breakfast, let alone having time to actually eat it in peace, was rare and far between.

"Did you sleep alright?" Todoroki asked as we ate, and I gave him a thumbs up instead of verbally answering since my mouth was stuffed. "Good."

"By the way, what were you guys arguing about last night?" Uraraka questioned curiously. "It was kinda loud, not gonna lie."

"All I heard was Kirishima saying something about goodnight kisses," Iida supplied, and I almost spit out everything that was in my mouth, but luckily Katsuki seemed to have predicted it and slapped a hand over my mouth to keep me from spewing.

"That's got nothing to do with you, get your own kisses from the nerd if you want them so badly."

"WHA-- KACCHAN?!"

"WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!"

"OH SHUT IT YOU EXTRAS AND GET LOST ALREADY!"