Fifty One

(Comment goal is now downed to 11! Reach the goal and I'll update another chapter today! Good luck and happy reading!)

- Kosuke's Point Of View -

I'm not exactly a morning person, but that day, I was awake before the sun rose along with all of the league members. There was not a drowsy eye among us as we made our final preparations. Shigaraki was carefully arranging his weird hand clip-on things on his body while Toga slid on her blood sucking gear. Compress shook out his coat one last time before putting it on, and Spinner strapped his blades on.

I took my time putting on my costume; the spare costume of Hero Killer Stain. I had already sprayed my hair with some black wash-out dye so that I didn't get any on the costume, and so no one would recognize me since my hair was a key identifying factor for me and I knew it. There were only a few people that would be able to recognize me, but there would be no evidence or footage for them to go off of.

The pants were loose, as was the shirt, but the straps for his various knives and swords kept them from falling off or showing anything inappropriate. The boots I had on weren't his, since we weren't near the same size, and instead they were the ones that he had gotten me for my homemade vigilante costume. They were almost the same, so it looked very authentic as I stepped out of the room, mask and scarf on.

The league was all gathered, looking to me to lead them. This would be the first operation that I would take command of, and this would be my debut as an official member of the league of villains. It wasn't necessary, but it ended up happening anyway:

"Ready to go, Mordred?"

"Yes," I confirmed. Mordred, the slayer of Arthur Pendragon and the destroyer of the utopia of Camelot. Quite fitting for the person who would ruin the world by removing All Might from it, isn't it? Surprisingly, Shigaraki was the one to come up with the villain name.

"Kurogiri, bring us to the extraction point," The handman ordered, and so black mist covered all of us in an instant, soon releasing the group in the forest near the prison. "Well? Get going."

"Right," I nodded at him, then glanced at Kurogiri as the man stepped up beside me. "In and out."

"In and out," The others agreed. The morning light finally appeared on the horizon, and so it was time for this operation to commence.

"See ya in a bit," I peaced at my comrades as Kurogiri and I sank into my shadow. Right before we were fully inside and ready to go, one last thing penetrated my ears.

"Be careful."

Don't have to tell me that, I don't plan on dying here or anything of the sort, I thought to myself as I made my shadow zoom across the ground. It took almost a minute to get to the road leading into the prison, and since the sun was brighter on the pavement, it was easier to move.

The two slipped inside the doors in less than twenty seconds, and each second the shadow slid further into the complex, the more my heart beat drummed in my ears like it wanted to bleed out of them from how nervous I was.

There was no way I would let something as trivial as nerves distract me on such an important mission, though, so I ignored it and kept pushing my shadow to go faster. Deeper and deeper we went, each floor feeling darker than the last. Finally, when the lack of air was starting to get painful, we made it to the level my father was being held on.

As soon as that was confirmed, I brought both of us out of my shadow. No alarms went off, causing a slight smirk to go over my face, considering it must have been my shadow's doing. I had extracted one of the morning guards' shadows and had it go disable the alarm system on the specific level we were going to be on, which seemed to have worked since no alarms were going off.

Nodding once to the warp gate, he disappeared for a split second, and then opened a warp right beside me, allowing the other members of the league to join the party. "Alright, we're only here for Stain and All For One, right?" I checked with Shigaraki, who confirmed it with a hum. "They're basically right next to each other, so let's go," I instructed, jogging ahead to the specific cell numbers we had gotten.

Actually, I had only planned to get my dad out, but Shigaraki had added All For One to the plan almost last minute. Since I had no idea who that was, and he had all of the necessary information at the ready, I just went with it. "If you please," I gestured to Shigaraki, so he disintegrated the door to my dad's room first, and once it was open, I ran in and left the others behind to get All For One out, though Spinner did come with me.

The door being disintegrated didn't set off the alarms, but the glass breaking did. Dad opened his eyes at the shattering of the viewing window, finding a kobold that looked like it was trying to imitate his villain costume, and--

And me wearing his villain costume. He'd recognize both of us anywhere, I could tell he did, since he'd made the costume himself, and he'd raised me since I was a kid. My hair color had changed, but honestly, it just made me look more and more like his actual blood related daughter rather than one he'd adopted off the street. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Dad demanded harshly as Spinner and I started undoing his straight jacket.

"Saving you," I replied, focusing on my task even though I really just wanted to hug him and cry until I passed out. That could wait until later, though. If I ruined this operation on account of my emotions, not only was I fucked, so were the rest of the league who had placed their faith in me.

As the villain Mordred, I will not allow such a future to come to pass. Instead, I will shape the future I long for with my own hands, and no one will stop me or so help me God, I'll kill every last one of them.