Sixty

(Wow I totally forgot that I needed to update, sorry about that! Here's the new chapter, enjoy~}

- Third Person Point Of View -

When the three had been located by UA's reinforcements, the faculty confiscated Kosuke's note and all of the school's students were excused for the day because of the breach and attack. Kirishima and Kaminari found that Bakugo was more bite than bark when they returned to the dorm, and since Aizawa wasn't around for some reason, they took one for the team and managed to convince him to go chill out in his room.

It wasn't until later that Aizawa returned with All Might in toe, as well as the Big Three third years and Shinso. They weren't sure why they were there, but they were told to wait outside as Aizawa went into the 1A dorm and brought out a few people.

Those people were Bakugo and Todoroki, and the former at least had some idea as to why they were all there. He knew because he had read the damn note. "There was a lot of debate among the staff about whether or not to show this to you all," Aizawa said as he stood with All Might beside him and the students in front of him. Inside, almost everyone was crowded at the windows, trying to eavesdrop as they watched curiously.

Midoriya was not one of them, since he also had a good idea as to what was going on.

"In the end, we decided to show you, but only the parts specifically addressed to you," All Might continued for the other hero.

"Show us what, sir?" Togata questioned, and then Aizawa held out a piece of paper.

"This. You each get one, and only read your own," He instructed as he handed each person their section of Kosuke's note. He had already read his, and had sworn to do as the kid had asked. He would make these amatuers into the greatest heroes he could, and he would make certain that Shinso joined the hero course so he could officially become a hero. "Once you're finished reading, we'll talk about it."

Bakugo didn't even bother to read his section, just crumpling it in his hand and shoving it in his pocket with a tsk. The others were more intent as they read the words on the paper. It started out with the general introduction, up to the part where Kosuke said she would die of embarrassment if they didn't read their own sections. Luckily she didn't need to worry, since the UA faculty had taken out the other individual notes and only put one person's individual section on their specific papers. After the individual section came the conclusion, and the signature.

Throughout the letter, each and every one of the students had felt impending dread, and that feeling was only intensified into despair at the end when their fears were confirmed. Togata looked between his friends, who looked back at him with wide eyes. Hado had a hand over her mouth, her pupils trembling as tears welled in the corner of her eyes. Amajiki felt a pain in his chest that he had never experienced before, and he wasn't sure how to react other than to clutch the area, which was right over his heart.

Shinso had started crying silently before he had even finished the note, unable to believe what he was reading. His idol, his partner in illegal hero activity, his first real hero friend, Akaguro, Kosuke, was now gone. She had killed herself. The boy couldn't bring himself to look at Aizawa, couldn't even think to acknowledge that he would need someone else to keep teaching him. He wanted Akaguro to teach him, he didn't want a new person even if they were a pro! It wasn't fair!

Bakugo just wanted to go back to his room, but he stayed since All Might had stopped him from leaving with a hand on his shoulder and a shake of his head. And then Todoroki looked up with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why is Kosuke writing a note to us that is apologizing so profusely for going down a sewer slide? That makes no sense. What even is a sewer slide, and why would she go down it? It sounds incredibly dirty. And why does it sound like she's never coming back from it?"

"You idiot," Bakugo scoffed, taking the two steps to be in front of the icyhot boy and grabbing his collar. "You really think there's such a thing as a slide in a sewer? Dream on. This is a goddamn suicide letter, IcyHot. Kosuke fucking killed herself and called it a sewer slide because it sounds like suicide but dumber. Ha," He dropped his hand, using his other to run a hand through his hair. "A dumbass to the end, right?"

"That's right," Aizawa sighed. "As to why you're getting these letters and not everyone else, we decided to let the others think that Kosuke was killed by Dabi like the news had reported. The faculty voted that since Kosuke had written to you, that it was your right to know what she wanted to tell you. With that said," The teacher's eyes hardened. "Don't tell anyone else about this unless you want to explain to them that Kosuke wasn't, in fact, killed by villains, but instead chose to kill herself."

"...Understood," The group eventually agreed, and with that, they were allowed to go back to their dorms.

~•~

Shigaraki was livid.

How dare Kosuke trick them? Did she think that would fly with the league of villains? Did she think she would get away with such a cheap trick?

All Might wasn't dead. Shigaraki had seen him on the news, talking about the attack. He was alive and well, and that was unacceptable.

If Kosuke wanted to die so badly, all she needed to do was fucking ask, not waste all of their time. He felt like a fool for trusting a hero, former though she may have been. Shigaraki would take this lesson to heart, but first, he would grant that bitch's wish.

"Take me to the hospital," he ordered Kurogiri once he had returned to the warehouse. Doing as told, the warp gate brought him to the hospital that Kosuke was residing in, to her door in fact. "Let no one in," Shigaraki demanded as he slid the door open.

Kurogiri had a bad feeling about this, but he was not the league's leader, Shigaraki was, so he abided by his wishes and stood guard outside the door.

Meanwhile, at the warehouse, Dabi returned with Spinner after an outing, finding Compress loafing around. "Where's Shigaraki?" Spinner asked as Dabi went to go sit down.

"He went to the hospital, I believe," Compress said, then hummed. "Looked a bit on the angry side, maybe something happened?"

That was when it hit the patchwork villain. He'd seen the news in passing, had seen that All Might was alive. It hadn't really registered until that moment, and instant impending doom settled throughout his body.

Shigaraki was going to kill Kosuke for that. That was the only explanation. "Shit," Dabi cursed, running towards the door. However, it was too late. Before he even made it past the thresh hold of the warehouse, Shigaraki's hand had descended.