Twenty Nine

~Third Person~

School started up again after the internships and everyone was asking each other how their internships had gone. "HOLY CRAP, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?!" Sero and Kirishima laughed at Bakugo, who was fuming.

"Shut up you damn idiots, I can't get it to go back the right way. You hear me? I'll kill you both." He was shaking with anger as he growled this.

"I'd like to see you try pretty boy!" Sero teased, which was the last straw.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!" Bakugo demanded as his hair popped back into its usual style.

"There it goes!" The two practically died laughing. Aizawa walked in then, and looked around as the bell rang.

"Alright everyone, take your seats." He grumbled, going towards the podium. His eyes landed on the empty seat in the front of the room. "Where's Akaguro?"

No one knew the answer, and no one would know the answer for the rest of the week. She didn't show up at all, no notice that she was sick, or that something had happened. When Aizawa called the person Akaguro had been interning with, he didn't know where she was either.

"Hald way through she was acting really depressed, but she wouldn't tell me what was wrong. I think it might have something to do with the hero killer. It was around the time he was arrested that she started acting like death. Sorry, wish I could help more." Hawks told Aizawa, who sighed.

"No, that's more than enough, thank you." He said before hanging up. The black haired hero decided there was only one thing to do, and that was to go see what was going on first hand.

Aizawa dug around school records until he found her address. Then the pro hero took his car and drove over to see what was going on. He arrived and parked in her driveway, seeing no other car there.

Aizawa slipped out of his car and walked over to the door, where he knocked gently. The door groaned as it opened slightly, causing the pro's eyes to widen. Immediately he ran in and looked around, pulling out his scarf/capture weapon.

The whole place was trashed. The couch was on its back, lamps were on the floor, the table was flipped over, and the lights weren't working. Something was definitely wrong.

He immediately went into pro mode, going around to see if anyone was around. When he got to the master bedroom, he froze. Akaguro was staring at the wall, sitting in a chair as candles flickered.

In front of her was a shrine to someone named Chitzome Akaguro. A few pictures stood behind the candles, and Aizawa's eyes widened. It was the Hero Killer Stain.

Kosuke slowly looked over at Aizawa, all emotion gone from her eyes and face. She didn't say anything for a second before turning away again. "What are you doing here, Aizawa?"

"You haven't been in school for a week-" He started.

"And I'm not going back." She interrupted. Turning to him again, Kosuke's face remained passive. "My father was captured last week by Endeavor, and now he’s gonna be locked up for the rest of his life.” Aizawa’s eyes widened when he saw the fact that her eyes had tears welling in them. “I’m done being a hero.”

The pro couldn’t believe his ears. The girl that was practically a pro, who had become a famous hero known as the Vigilante by age eleven, who had dedicated her life to heroing, was quitting?

Aizawa shook his head and knelt down in front of her. “Akaguro, I understand that you looked up to your father and can’t stand to see him locked up, but that is no excuse for you to stop heroing. Stain believed you were the one true hero, and you wouldn’t want to disappoint him would you?” He asked, and suddenly Kosuke’s facade broke.

“Don’t you think I know that?!” She cried. “Don’t you get it? I’m alone now! I have to take care of myself. I literally can’t be a hero anymore!” She put her face in her hands as she cried. When he saw her crying, the black haired pro couldn’t help himself. He reached out and hugged her.

Kosuke hugged him back, crying into his chest as he rubbed her back. “W-what am I going to do, Aizawa?” She whispered. “He was all I had.”

“No, he wasn’t.” Aizawa told her. “You have me, and you have your classmates. We all care about you.” he continued to hold her, rubbing her back soothingly as he thought about what to do now that he knew what was going on.

One thing popped into his head, and at that exact moment, he knew what he needed to do. “Kosuke, come live with me.”

Her head shot up to look him in the eyes, her own wide and confused. “What?”

“Come live with me. You were talking about how you have to take care of yourself, and that’s why you can’t be a hero. Well, come live with me.” Aizawa let out a tiny smile. “I know I’ll never live up to Stain, but I can still take care of you so you can continue to be the hero he raised you to be.” Kosuke sniffled when he was finished talking, and slowly nodded.

“O-okay Aizawa.” she hiccuped, causing the black haired hero to smile.

“One last thing,” He ruffled her hair as they separated, and he took her hand. “Call me Shota.”

(WHEN I SAY I CRY EVERY TIME I READ THAT--)