Fifty Seven

(Congrats on another chapter everyone! Comment goal is now 18, so good luck and happy reading~}

- Kosuke's Point of View -

"Wha--Kacchan?!" A boy with green hair gawked.

"DEKU?!" Katsuki roared like he'd just stepped in something horrid. We had just started setting up our camp site when four people had come out of the surrounding trees, one of them being this 'Deku' that Katsuki seemed less than thrilled with meeting. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" He demanded as he stalked towards the group.

"W-w-wait, w-we're--" Deku backed up considerably, only for one of his companions that had white and red hair to step in front of him with a hand on his sword.

"We are adventurers on a quest to defeat the demon king," He informed the barbarian, who looked at him like he was not mentally sound.

"SURE YOU MIGHT BE, BUT DEKU CAN'T USE MAGIC SO WHY THE HELL IS HE HERE?!"

"What do you mean he can't use magic?" The three besides Deku seemed confused. "Of course he can."

"HUH?!" This time, Katsuki's gaze whipped to the greenette, and I swear I saw the fear of the lord wash over him from how angry that glare he was getting was. "SO YOU JUST TRICKED ME INTO THINKING YOU DIDN'T HAVE AN AFFINITY FOR MAGIC, HUH NERD?! YOU'RE GONNA GET IT YOU LITTLE--"

"Oooookay let's all just calm down," I shoved my hand in Katsuki's face, causing him to blubber in confusion for a moment. "Sorry, Katsuki bites and doesn't play well with others."

"THE HELL I DO, I ONLY EVER BIT YOU!" He slapped my hand out of his face, and I just deadpanned at him.

"Yeah, but it was enough to give me a scar, so..."

"I SAID SORRY ALRIGHT?! STOP SAYING I BITE!"

"Fine," I returned my gaze to the new arrivals with a smile. "Sorry, Katsuki barks a lot and doesn't play well with others."

"THAT'S EVEN WORSE KOSUKE YOU ASSHOLE!"

"I think you're just proving her point, dude," Kaminari sweatdropped as Kirishima chuckled.

"Um," The only female of the group suddenly spoke, drawing everyone's attention. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you know each other?"

"W-we were childhood friends," Deku supplied, only for the barbarian to scoff. He didn't deny it though, just looked annoyed as I patted him on the shoulder, to which of course he swatted me off.

"I'm going to hunt, don't follow me!" He stormed off with his signature angry stomping, causing Kiri, Kami and I to snicker.

"Kay, have fun!"

"SHUT IT!"

"Now that our problem child has left to get food," I smiled at the group. "Care to join us for dinner?"

"Yes please!" Deku was instantly on board, and thus the rest of them agreed as well. With that, we finished setting up camp, now with more members, and then gathered around the fire, which one of Deku's companions generously supplied.

"You're proficient in both ice and fire magic?" My eyes widened at the information as I sat with the guy, who I learned was named Shoto Todoroki of the Todoroki royal family, though he hadn't mentioned the last part. "That's so cool! Pun intended," I laughed, though his only reaction was a slight twitch of the corner of his mouth.

"Midoriya showed me that though my power may be hereditary, in the end, it is still my power and mine alone," He said while looking at his hands. "For that, I am truly grateful."

"Sounds like he's a pretty insightful guy," I hummed. Apparently the guy Katsuki called Deku was actually named Midoriya, so now I'm curious as to why he calls him that. I'll ask him later, though.

"Pardon me, Akaguro," Tenya Iida sat down near us. "You never said where it was that you and the others were going."

"We're also on an adventure of sorts," I said, then glanced warily over at Deku. If he claimed to be childhood friends with Katsuki, then he might be overwhelmed by the news I was about to share. When I saw that he wasn't paying attention, I told the two why we were travelling.

"That's awful," Todoroki furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'll have to offer my deepest condolences to Bakugo when he returns," Iida decided with a downcast expression, though I had to shut down that thought.

"He'll explode you into next week if you do that, so I suggest otherwise."

"What? But I'm just trying to express my sympathy for his loss!" Iida seemed utterly abhorred by the notion that Katsuki wouldn't accept his condolences, causing me to sweatdrop.

"He'd call it useless pity, and honestly, so would I," My expression suddenly turned thoughtful. "I think the reason he let me accompany them was because I never offered any sort of condolence or apologies, we just chose never to talk about it."

"He does seem like the type," Todoroki confirmed.

"I'M BACK KOSUKE, GET AWAY FROM THE FIRE SO YOU DON'T POISON THE FOOD WITH YOUR PRESENCE!"

"MY EXISTENCE IS NOT POISON KATSUKI YOU'VE GOTTA STOP SAYING THAT!"

"Nah, please stay away from the food until it's fully cooked Akaguro," Kaminari and Kirishima gave me a dead serious look, causing me to pout. Then, someone took my hand.

"Let's go, I'd like to learn about your abilities," Todoroki said, and with something to do, I agreed and off we went into the nearby food.

"FUCK YOU SHITTY DEKU!" An exclamation was heard within a minute of our leaving, and I snorted. Katsuki must be having fun, I thought to myself before the incognito prince and I finally deemed our position to be far enough away to be fairly private.

"Well first of all," I started my explanation. "I was a bounty hunter for a good portion of time since that's what my dad was. My power was pretty good for that line of work too, considering my ability is being able to manipulate shadows," I demonstrated quickly by bringing up a bird's shadow and having it fly around Todoroki, who looked intrigued.

"I see, that would be quite useful," He murmured as I put the shadow back, allowing it to return to its origin. "It would be great if you could join us," He said, and I almost snorted. What a blatant offer.

"Sorry, but I'm staying with the feral child. Somebody's gotta keep an eye on him so he doesn't beat up the wrong people, right?"

"I suppose so," Todoroki's lips quirked upwards, and then a yell from the campsite reached us.

"FOOD'S READY! HURRY UP DAMMIT!"

"OKAY!" I hollered back, then smiled at my companion. "Shall we?"