Forty Two

Her eyes were wide

Her eyes were wide. Her breathing was heavy. Her body was petrified. Her heart was pounding loudly in her ears as it made its home in her throat.

It was as if her brain had just went in break after processing who was in front of her and the reaction warranted by that someone. The person grinned widely, a knife in her hand. "I was worried you'd be lonely while Dabi was away, so I thought I'd keep you company!" Toga exclaimed.

"I-I'm fine by myself," Kosuke said in reply, her voice as steady as she could make it in that situation. The girl pouted, twirling the knife around her hand.

"That's no fun! I wanted to get to know you a bit, cause you're the daughter of my mr. stainy!" She insisted, plopping her butt on the bed a few centimeters away from Kosuke. The platinum blonde immediately made that distance widen. "So, you gonna talk?" Toga suddenly had a very dangerous vibe about her.

It sent a shiver down Kosuke's spine.

"W-what do you wanna talk about?" She asked quietly, which made the other girl grin and lean closer to her.

"I wanna talk about Mr. Stainy of course! Oh, and Izuku! But Stainy first! Did he train you himself? What was he like at home? Did he tell you stories of his conquests?! What's your favorite memory of him?! What your least favorite?! I wanna know it all!" Their faces were so close their noses were practically touching.

If Kosuke wasn't scared out of her mind, she'd be sweatdropping from how obsessed this chick was with her dad.

"He did train me himself, at home he's a normal dad. I never really asked about the people he killed and he never elaborated on how things went down. U-um, my favorite memory of him was the first time I saw him freak out," She remembered fondly.

"WHAT DID HE FREAK OUT OVER?! OMG IT MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING HUGE!!" Toga gasped, completely enthralled.

".. The first time I got my period," Kosuke mumbled, embarrassed. "Ever since then, he got me a period cabinet with everything I'd ever need for it so that he doesn't have to get involved much," She explained. The girl pouted, crossing her arms.

"Awww! I wish my parents had done that for me!" Toga complained, then did a 180 as she seized Kosuke's shoulders. "AND THE LEAST FAVORITE MEMORY?!"

"... the day he got captured," She said after a moment, and Toga frowned and sat back down.

"Yeah, no wonder. I was pretty down that day too," She pursed her lips before perking up. "No matter! Now, let's talk about Izuku!"

"My classmate?" Kosuke confirmed, when suddenly her eyes were drawn to the knife in Today's hand. She stopped, realizing exactly who she was talking to. A villain, one of the ones that attacked her class and kidnapped her.

What was she doing? Why was she cooperating like this? "Kosuke?" Toga waved her knife in front of her eyes, making her jolt. "Don't ignore me! You better not be thinking perverted thoughts about my Izuku!"

"O-oh no, of course not!" She shook her head.

"Soooo, then tell me about him! Hurry up!" The blonde demanded impatiently.

"He's j-j-just gotten a handle on his quirk, a-and he's obsessed over heroes and takes n-notes on their quirks," She elaborated, biting her lip. Toga nodded.

"Okay then what else?! What's his favorite food? What's he good at? What's his favorite color? What about family?! DOES HE HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!" The homicidal girl raged, leaving the other female petrified once more.

Pausing when Kosuke didn't answer, Toga frowned at her, seeing the state she was in. "What? Aren't you gonna tell me?" She grumbled, waited a few more seconds before sighing. "I guess I'll just have to cut the answers out of you~" Her face twisted maniacally as she raised her knife.

Kosuke could barely react as Toga went to slam the knife down into her thigh, but luckily the illegal hero dodged in time, so the only thing the knife stabbed was the bed. "Oh, running away now are we?" Toga's eyes glinted even in the pitch black room. "Even more reason to hurt you!"

This time, Kosuke knew she wasn't going to be able to dodge as the knife came towards her. Her eyes closed tightly, tears welling in them as she mentally prepared herself for the incoming pain.

But then, it never came.

Kosuke slowly cracked her eyes open, only to see something he didn't expect. "Don't touch her," Dabi growled, holding Toga off the ground by her neck.

"Let me down jackass! I was just messing around!" Toga protested, struggling. Dabi's glare didn't lessen any, nor did he make any move to put her down. Only after taking her knife away did he let her drop. She collapsed on the floor, coughing as she massaged her abused neck.

"Get out," He said, his tone leaving no room for argument. Toga scrunched her nose in distaste, but got up and sauntered out of the room.

All that time, the door had been open with light streaming inside the dark room.
However, Kosuke never even thought of using her quirk to escape in that time frame, because she was too captivated by the sight before her.

Dabi appeared to be an angel, framed by light as he saved her from the one that meant her harm. As he turned towards her, all she could think was maybe he's not so bad.

"Are you okay?" The patchwork villain asked, kneeling down so they were at eye level. Kosuke hesitantly nodded, tears streaming down her face as the fear from Toga melted into relief.

It's official, Dabi told himself as he hugged her and rubbed her back, I hate seeing her cry.

(And here begins the Stockholm Syndrome..)