Thirty One

Heading over to the school, I stood in front of the walls as I waited for Shinso to show. That morning I had eaten a bagel and a burrito, had apple juice, then yeeted myself out the door.

"Hey, Akaguro!" I heard a voice call out to me, so I glanced at where the voice had come from. Shinso was walking towards me, waving, so I waved back and jogged to meet him.

"Hey, how's it going bro?" I greeted happily, holding my hand up for a high five. Laughing, he slapped my hand as he smiled lightly at me.

"It's going alright, so what's the plan for today?" Shinso asked me, so I explained my thinking.

"Today we will head over to the dojo and start working on your combat skills as well as working out so that you're as strong as you can be. I have a plan that will get you beefed up in no time." I grinned happily, so he nodded.

"Alright, I'm in your care."

"That you are! Now come with me so we can get started!" I cheered, skipping away from him. Shinso quickly caught up with me, and from there started our first day of training.

The first thing we worked on was and to hand combat. "Man you suck!" I laughed as I stood over him, "get up, let's go again."

"Yeah yeah." He groaned, wincing from how many times I had beat his ass. After giving up on that for the day, we started working on the actual work out.

My dad always made sure I was conditioned well so that I could always be at the top of my game even without my quirk. Because of that, I knew a thing or two about weights and how to get major muscle.

(Sadly, I do not actually know how to do any of this so this is me wallowing in self loathing for being fat 😭)

After what felt like forever, I was walking Shinso home from the dojo since I'm a nice person most of the time. "Good job today, Shinso." I complimented.

"Thank you, I'm really happy you decided to help me," He said, then winced and rubbed his shoulder. "Though your tactics are a bit extreme."

"Hey, it'll make you better if you experience actual combat." I reminded him, "oh right, did you bring your hero costume idea with you or..?"

"No, was I supposed to have one?" He asked in confusion, so I sighed.

"Nah, try to bring a sketch or something either tomorrow or Monday, because without a hero costume I will not bring you out on patrol with me. Also, might want to think about hair spray that can wash out, just so you aren't recognized." I explained. Of course I had done a lot of thinking on the bases of Shinso's hero costume and all that jazz, but we would still have to go to Powerloader for help with that.

"Sounds good, I'll show you what I envisioned tomorrow." He said, "well, this is my house, so I'll see you tomorrow Akaguro." He smiled slightly, and I smiled back happily.

"Sure thing, see you Shinso! Can't wait to see what an awesome hero you become!" I cheered and saved, skipping back on my way.

I ended up lost, since I didn't exactly know where Shota (yes we are switching to first name now. Also gonna start calling Todo and Baku their first names now too) lived, so instead I went back to my house and planned on calling him.

However, I heard a knock on the door just five minutes after I had closed it. Sceptically peaking through the hole, I found Shoto standing on the doorstep. Quickly opening the door, I gave him a confused look. "Hey Shoto, what are you doing here?"

"You haven't been in school all week, did you think I was just going to stand by and not come check on you?" He asked, and I swallowed. Oh yeah, I hadn't been to school in a week...

"I'm sorry, but you can't really come here anymore..." I trailed off, rubbing the back of my neck. He looked confused.

"What do you mean? Are you moving?"

"More like I have moved, and uh-" I broke off as I bit my lip. "Basically I won't be here much if you do try to come find me, so yeah that's why!"

"Oh." Shoto nodded, glancing away for a moment. "I'm sorry about what happened to your father."

My eyes widened at his statement, unsure of how he knew that my father was Stain the hero killer. "How did you-"

"There's a video online that said his name was Chizome Akaguro, so the class sort of put it together." Shoto explained. "And my dad was the one who did it, so I wanted to apologize."

"It's not your fault..." I trailed off, a sad smile on my face as I looked out to the sky. "He was bound to get caught sooner or later, I just wish it could have been later." Sighing, I leaned against the door. "So.. Do you want to come inside or?"

"No thank you," He smiled slightly at me, "I think I'll head home, and I'll see you on Monday, right?"

"Yes." I nodded, and we waved goodbye as he walked away. "Actually you'll be seeing me way sooner than Monday.." I mumbled, getting out my phone to call Shota.

"You got lost? Seriously? Ughhhh, alright I'm on my way. You're lucky I'm free right now Kosuke." He grumbled.

"Yeah I know, you're the best." I laughed, then hung up. The next day went almost the same way, only I didn't get lost again as I headed back to my new home.

However, it was only a pit stop to put on something nice. "You sure you want to go see him?" Shota asked me as he leaned against the wall of my room. I nodded.

"Yes, I do. I'm trying not to hold a grudge against him since I'm the only one hurting, so might as well right? Besides, we're good friends."

"The fact that you're good friends with Endeavor is... I don't even know." He sighed, rubbing his face in annoyance. "Whatever."

Soon enough, Shota dropped me off outside of Endeavor's house, telling me to call him when I wanted to be picked up. I sighed, collecting my thoughts as I walked up to the door. Knocking, I held my breath until the door opened.

"Ah, good to see you Vigilante. Or do you prefer Kosuke?" Enji greeted, to which I smiled with a chuckle.

"Kosuke is fine, thank you Todoroki." I told him, and he nodded.

"Come on in, then."