Nineteen

(We're almost to twenty chapters and it's barely season two! Also, sorry but this will be the only update today because I have a tournament and I got up at 6 just to write this so you guys better be happy lmao. Anyway, twenty will be up tomorrow, and maybe twenty one if I feel like it.)

~Back To First Person Because Our MC Got Her Mind Back~

I grinned at Lunch Rush with a nod and a thank you before heading over to my usual seat. Just as I set the two trays down, someone grabbed my hand and started pulling me away. "Watch our stuff, idiots." Bakugo ordered to Kirishima, Sero, Mina, and Kaminari.

"Sure thing man!" Kiri waved us off, a knowing smile on his face. My own face was filled with confusion, where was Bakugo taking me?

"Um, where are we going?" I asked once we were out of the cafeteria. He gestured for me to be quiet.

"I saw IcyHot and Deku go somewhere, so we're gonna go spy on them." The explosive blonde told me as we walked. My eyes widened, what did Todoroki want with Midoriya? And why did Bakugo want to go spy on them?

"Uhhhh, okay I guess..." I murmured as we got closer to where Todoroki and Midoriya were. We stopped walking and leaned against the wall as we heard the green haired male's voice from a parallel hallway to us.

"So, you brought me here..." Midoriya trailed off. "Now what?" It was quiet for a few seconds before he spoke up again, "We should probably eat soon, the cafeteria's gonna be busy." He suggested, probably trying to get out of that situation. "..Don't you think?" Probably not since I already got him food, I thought to myself.

"I was overwhelmed." Todoroki's voice came, "And it made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago." He said. I remembered that day when I had gone over to his house, he had explained why he didn't use his fire quirk and ever since I've been trying to get him to let go of his anger towards his father but has it worked? No. He just rolls his eyes at me every time I bring it up.

Midoriya looked deep in thought as the duo haired male lifted his left hand, just staring at it. "Iida and Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Ururaka, none of them felt it." Todoroki said, "In that moment, I was the only one that could sense your true power." He continued, my eyes widening slightly. Geez this was getting intense. "It reminded me of something, experiencing All Might's quirk."

"Oh yeah? Okay.." Midoriya mumbled, not sure what to say to that. "Is that all?"

"I'm saying, the power coming from you felt the same as All Might's." Todoroki finished, and not only did my eyes widen, so did Bakugo's. What he was saying was that Midoriya was as strong as All Might...That's crazy. "Midoriya, tell me. Are you really All Might's secret love child or something?"

In that moment, the urge to laugh has never been so hard to resist, but Bakugo gave me a look that if I dared laugh he would beat my ass, and I wasn't in the mood for that so I put my hands over my mouth to stop any sound from coming out. "Well, are you?"

"Huh no way that's not it at all! But I guess even if I was I would probably say that I wasn't so you probably don't believe me no matter what I bet, anyway I promise you've got the wrong idea!" Midoriya rambled, and I still wanted to laugh so badly it was getting hard to breathe at that point. "And..why would you even think that about me?" He asked in return. Todoroku was quiet for a moment.

"That's not it at all is interesting wording." He mused, "It suggests that there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about." Midoriya gasped at his words, not expecting Todoroki to be so keen. "My father is the hero Endeavor, you must have heard of him, which means you're aware that he's the number two hero. So if you're connected to the number one hero All Might in some way, that would mean that I have even more reason to beat you." Todoroki said with a dark air around him. My urge to laugh disappeared.

"My old man is ambitious, he aims for the top. He used his power to make a name for himself as a hero, but he was never able to best All Might." The duo haired male explained, "So the symbol of peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it, though, trying to take down All Might. One way or another..."

"I'm not really sure what you're getting at..." Midoriya spoke up. "What are you trying to tell me, Todoroki?" Meanwhile, I was frowning. He's making Endeavor sound like an asswipe, worse than Bakugo and that's saying something. However, I've worked with Endeavor over the years and he's not that bad, at least with me. We get along, he treats me like his younger sister whenever we work together. That reminds me, I kinda wanna go find him to say hi and see if he recognizes me.

"...Have you ever heard of quirk marriages?" Todoroki asked, and I bit my lip. Endeavor's brought that up with me a few times, and every time I've told him he's an idiot and he gets mad at me and we stop talking to each other for a while before we both eventually forget about it and just move on.

"They became a problem during the first few generations when superpowers became widespread." Todoroki elaborated as Midoriya gasped. "There were those who sought out potential mates soully with the intention of creating powerful children. Many people were forced into relationships. They were simply viewed as old fashioned arranged marriages, but clearly it was unethical."

He looked down slightly before continuing, "My father not only has a rich history of accomplishments, but plenty of money to throw at his problems. He bought my mother's relatives to get his hands on her quirk, and now he's raising me to surpass All Might." Todoroki explained, the greenette gasping again at this newfound knowledge. Bakugo looked a bit surprised too.

"It;s so annoying. I refuse to be a tool for that scumbag." He gritted angrily. "In every memory of my mother, I only see her crying." In that moment, I wanted to leap out and give him a big hug, but before I could even move, Bakugo smushed me against his chest, his arm around my neck to keep me from moving. I struggled slightly, but eventually gave up and just wrapped my arms around his waist instead.

"I remember she called my left side unbearable, before she poured boiling water on my face." My eyes widened at his statement, which he conveniently left out when he was telling me his reasons for hating his father and not using his quirk. "The reason I picked a fight with you is to show my old man what I was capable of doing, without having to rely on his damned fire quirk." Todoroki said, "You see, I'm going to show him that I reject his power, and that I can take first place without using it."

Bakugo's grip tightened on me as we listened in, and I bit my lip. Damn, Todoroki's been through a shitload. After that, it was silent for a time, then I could hear Todoroki walking away. "You're obviously connected to All Might, even if you won't tell me about it. But no matter how fiercely you come at me in the future, I will defeat you using only my right side." He promised, "I can assure you of that."

"Hey wait!" I heard Midoriya start to run after him, so I tried to peak around to the corner to catch a glimpse of them, but Bakugo didn't let me as his grip tightened once again. "I'm only here because others have supported me." He started, "I've been really lucky. In fact, I've had even more help since I've come to UA..." The greenette trained off.

"All Might is always saving people with a fearless smile. He's the greatest hero, and I wanna be just like him. In order to do that, I have to be strong enough to be number one. I know my motivation might seem stupid compared to yours, but still, I can't lose this either." Midoriya said with determination. "I owe it to everyone who's supported me to try my best. You declared war on me earlier, well right back at you." Midoriya finished, the two of them looking at each other with such strong emotions in their eyes.

"Come on, let's go." Bakugo muttered in my ear, letting me go and starting to walk back down the hall the way we came.

"Oh, hey wait up!" I said, running after him. We walked side by side and pondered what we had learned today. For some reason, this spy mission had brought us closer as we now shared a secret, the secret of knowing Deku and Todoroki's drive.

And now, I really needed to have a talk with Endeavor.