One

(So I'm not sure who I want to ship with her so far, but it'll probably end up being either Bakugo or Todoroki, with a slim chance of it being Aizawa, or maybe even Dabi or Shigaraki. I don't know, I guess we'll have to see.)

"You wanna do what?" My adoptive father demanded as he tied his mask on.

"I want to go to UA." I repeated, sitting on the couch of our house with one of my legs slung over the other.

"Out of the question." Chizome Akaguro shook his head. That's his real name, but he was more commonly known as Stain the Hero Killer.

"Come on Dad! I want to be a hero, and not have to go to jail for it cause I'm doing it illegally." I pleaded, "Plus I'll get a quality education! Pleeeaaasseeeee!"

Dad glared at the wall as he avoided looking at me, knowing as soon as he looked into my puppy eyes that he was a goner. Then he glanced over at me, and I knew I had won.

"Fine."

"YESSSSS THANK YOU DAD!" I shrieked, jumping off the couch and attacking him in a hug.

"You're welcome, but hey watch the knives. I don't want to accidentally lick your blood tonight like I did last week." He narrowed his eyes at me, and I sheepishly looked away.

Last week I had been messing around when I had cut myself on one of his knives. I put it back and pretended nothing had happened. However, Chizome had been on patrol that night and when he caught a false hero he accidentally licked my blood instead of his.

I mean, he still killed him but I was paralyzed until Dad got home. Not exactly my favorite thing that happened in my life.

"Do you want to go in on recommendations or the normal way?" He suddenly asked as we parted.

"Oh, uhhh..." I thought for a second, "I'll just get in the normal way, thanks dad. Be safe tonight, yeah?"

"Wanna come?"

"You're the hero killer, I'm the vigilante, therefore I'd be trying to stop you not help you." I pointed out, making him groan.

"You're such a good hero it makes me so proud. At least there's one true hero out there." He smirked, "besides All Might of course."

"Yeah yeah, see you later old man." I waved him off. He turned back to me with his arms crossed and an annoyed look.

"I'm not that old, I'm only 31."

"That's still pretty old."

Chizome just rolled his eyes with a glare before disappearing into the night.

-------

It seemed like time went faster as I prepared for the test. In the mornings, I ate, did my chores, and studied with the help of my dad.

In the afternoon, I went out on patrol. The reason I do it in the afternoons is because of my quirk. It's called Shadow, and I can control people's shadows. However, the more damage a shadow takes, the more damage the person it belongs to gets.

The shadows are practically copies of their owners, with the same powers, shapes, and knowledge as them. My quirk is very useful because all I have to do is make the villain fight their own shadow and they do the hard work for me by knocking themselves out.

If they somehow get passed the shadow, I don't really need to worry. My dad taught me everything he knows, so I can I take most people down pretty easily.

Sorry I was ranting. Anyway, at night I usually stay at home and study my ass off so I can get into UA.

Finally, the morning of the test arrived. I woke up early and got ready fairly quickly before heading down to the kitchen.

Dad was still asleep so I just grabbed one of the breakfast burritos I had gotten a few days ago and chowed down.

After I had finished, I did some last minute studying just to review everything. Then I grabbed my stuff and headed to the UA Entrance.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. Scratching the back of my hand was a nervous habit, and by the time I got to the school I'm pretty sure there was no skin on the back of my hand.

I took in a shaky breath before letting it out and trying to calm myself down, telling myself I have been training and studying for this moment for six months, I've got this.

I made sure not to make eye contact with anyone as I walked in, but I saw a blonde male and a green haired male, the latter seemingly scared of the blonde. Quickly I turned away, it's not my business. I need to focus on passing, and as soon as school starts I can think about making friends.

The announcer guy got started once everyone was seated, explaining how the practical part of the test would work. At one point, a guy with glasses interrupted and acted like a complete dickhead.

Luckily the announcer took care of his question calmly, and continued with the explanation. I'm pretty sure I stopped paying attention at one point, and suddenly they were handing out the written part of the entrance test.

'I've got this', I told myself mentally before getting out my pencil and starting the test.

I'm pretty sure I knew almost all of what was on the test, but I was a bit shaky on a few of the test questions; maybe like three?

Time was up, and I handed in my test. "So how do you think you did?!" A girl to my left asked, startling me.

"Uh, pretty good I think. Ummm..." I paused, narrowing my eyes at her, or more, her clothes. "You're invisible?"

"Oh, haha yeah!"

"ALRIGHT EVERYBODYYYY! IT'S TIME FOR THE PRACTICALLLLLLLL, CHANGE IF YOU NEED TO AND REPORT TO THE ARENA YOUR ID CARD SAYS!" Present Mic yelled, causing me to jump yet again.

"Man, he needs to chill out." I muttered as I stood up and walked out of the auditorium.

I made my way to the arena where I was supposed to be, I don't really remember what letter/number it was.

Standing outside, I saw that Present Mic was standing on top of the walls. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, THERE ISN'T A GO BELL! THAT'S NOT HOW FIGHTS WORK PEOPLE!!!"

Immediately I used my quirk and slipped into my shadow. It immediately moved into the arena and avoided the rush of people. Hopping out of my shadow, I started manipulating the robots' shadows and racking up point.

I was at 56 when the 0 pointer appeared, stopping me in my tracks. Most of the students ran away, but I saw someone that was stuck under some rubble.

Immediately going into Vigilante Mode, I pulled my mask down and rose the huge shadow up from the ground. The 0 pointer shot at it, going through the center only to explode itself.

Meanwhile, I used my shadow to help me pry the person out of the rubble. "You good?"

"Yeah, but I think I'll have a few bruises, and I might have sprained my ankle..." She muttered, and I frowned.

"Okay, here let me help you." I wrapped her arm around my shoulders to help her walk.

"AAAANNNND TIMES UUUUUUPPP!!" Present Mic yelled, making the two of us pause.

He then said for everyone to get changed and if injured to go to recovery girl.

"I can take you to her." I told the girl, who nodded and thanked me as we started walking. I got her to Recovery Girl's office, and she was there waiting.

"Oh, another patient." She turned to look at us. "Thank you for bringing her here, dear." She smiled at me.

"Of course." I smiled back at her before nodding to the girl I had saved. "See you later." Waving, I left the office and headed home. I hope I got enough points to pass.

As soon as I walked through the door, I was greeted by my dad. "Hey, how'd it go?"

"Pretty chill." I replied. "I think I did alright on the written portion, and I got 56 points in the practical where we fought robots." I explained, and he nodded.

"Good work, squirt." He smirked as he gave me a pat on the back, to which I smiled back at him happily. "When do results show up again?"

"In a week, I think..."