Fifteen

Finally, the day of the sports festival arrived. "Hey good luck kiddo." My dad smiled at me as he patted my shoulder. "Do me proud out there."

"By that you mean don't get caught?"

"Exactly." Dad laughed, then kissed my forehead. "Have fun, I'll be off hunting false heroes."

"Thanks Dad, see you later!" I kissed his cheek before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. When I arrived at the school, we were all herded into the locker room where we were instructed to change into our PE clothes.

"Aw man, I was totally hoping I could wear my costume!" Mina complained, picking at her uniform.

"At least everyone will be in uniforms, that will keep things fair, right?" Ojiro reasoned as he stretched beside her.

"I wonder what they have in store for us in the first round." Sato voiced worriedly.

"No matter what they've prepared, we must persevere." Tokoyami said calmly, and Shoji agreed. Suddenly, the door burst open.

"Everyone, get your game faces on!" Iida thundered, "We're entering the arena soon!" He announced; this made everyone even more nervous.

"Midoriya." Todoroki called, catching everyone's attention. He had been standing beside me and Bakugo, so we noticed when he started walking towards the green haired male.

"Hey Todoroki," Midoriya greeted, turning to him. "What's up?"

"From an objective stand point, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you." Todoroki mused, causing me to frown. What was he getting at? Trying to show off? That didn't seem like him.

"Huh?" Midoriya definitely wasn't expecting that, but he had to agree. "Yeah."

"However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out." He continued, and my eyes widened as my gaze focused on the green haired male. All Might was helping him? Why? "I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two, but know that I will beat you." Todoroki stated, and everyone in the room gaped at him.

"What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Kaminari voiced as Kirishima got up.

"Yeah what's the big deal, why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started?" Kirishima asked, laying a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. The white and red haired male shrugged him off.

"We aren't here to be each other's friends." Todoroki reminded us before turning around and walking back towards me and Bakugo. "Don't forget that this isn't a team effort."

"Wait a sec Todoroki." Midoriya mumbled, which caused the male to stop. "I don't know what's going through your head, or why you think you need to tell me you'll beat me." He went on, "And yeah, of course you're better than me. In fact you probably have way more potential than anyone in the hero course, that's why you got in so easily."

"Midoriya, maybe you're being a little hard on yourself, and us-" Kirishima interupted.

"No." He shook his head. "He's right, you guys. All the other courses, they're coming for us with everything they've got." Midoriya reminded us, letting his fists fall to his sides. "We're all going to have to fight to stand out." With this, Todoroki turned to the green haired male fully as Midoriya looked up at him. "And I'll be aiming for the top too."

"Fine."

~*~

"Hey! Make some noise rabid sports fans! Get those cameras prepped, we need hordes!" Present Mic yelled into the mic, broadcasting all over the stadium. "This years we're bringing you some of the hottest performances in sports festival history, guaranteed! I've only got one question before we start this show! Are you ready?!"

Meanwhile, we had been allowed into the tunnel-like passage where we would be entering into the stadium from. I was walking next to Todoroki and Bakugo once again, everyone silent around us. "Let me hear you screaming as the students make their way to the main stage!" Present Mic yelled, and soon everyone was indeed screaming as we exited the tunnel. Todoroki, Bakugo, Midoriya and I were the ones leading, and as we walked I heard the green haired male say something.

"All Might, I won't let you down." So it was true that he had All Might backing him, I thought to myself, sparing him another glance before focusing back on the stage.

"Welcome back to the UA Sports Festival, where up and coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to be given a medal by a celebrity! This first group are no strangers to the spotlight, you know them from withstanding a villain attack, the hero course students of class 1A!"

Everyone in the class was mumbling about how they were nervous because of how many people had shown up.

Present Mic then introduced all of the other courses, but not as enthusiastically as us. I snickered, which caught Bakugo's attention. "What are you laughing at, Kosuke?" He asked, and I giggled at him.

"Nothing, just the fact that Present Mic obviously likes us better than the other classes." I told him, to which he rolled his eyes.

"GIVE IT UP FOR ALL THE FIRST YEAR CONTESTANTS!"

"Now the introductory speech!" Midnight announced. My eyes widened, and immediately I looked away. Why did the R-Rated hero have to be our umpire?

"Uh, someone should talk to Miss Midnight about what she's wearing.." Kirishima mumbled, Kaminari jumping in to agree right after.

"Yeah that costume should come with a warning." He gulped.

"Is it really appropriate apparel for a high school game?" Tokoyami asked uncomfortably. Mineta visibly liked it.

"Silence everyone!" Midnight used her whip thingy, "And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo!" Everyone looked at the explosive blonde, including me. Oh boy, this wasn't going to go well, I thought to myself as he made his way to the mic. The stadium quieted down so that everyone could hear the first year rep speak.

"I just wanna say I'm gonna win." He stated calmly, and immediately everyone blew up in annoyance and boos. I knew what he was saying, he meant it. He was going to win.

"Why would you be so disrespectful, you're representing us all!" Iida reprimanded, doing his arm thing again which made me facepalm and sweat drop.

"Not my fault you're all just stepping stone to my victory." Bakugo did a thumbs down before making his way back towards me as everyone else were yelling insults at him.

"Without further ado, it's time for us to get started!" Midnight proclaimed, "This is where you start feeling the pain. The first fateful game of the festival!" A lottery-like machine started spinning above her, "What could it be?" Finally, a challenge was chosen and appeared on the screen. "Tada!" It was an obsticale course race. Midnight explained that all of the classes would be participating, and that it would be a race around the outside of the stadium, whoever got back to the stadium first would win. She also said we could do whatever we wanted with our powers and stuff, so that would be interesting.

"Now then, take your places, contestants!"

(Hope you guys enjoyed the upspree today! Another chapter is on it's way for tomorrow, Merry Christmas and have a happy new year!)