Thirty Five

- First Person -

Arriving to school with next day with Shota, we headed up to the classroom. "He was so awesome! Not hesitating to follow orders, able to keep the girls calm, that was nuts!" I grinned with pride.

"Yeah, sounds like an eventful day for you."

"Not really, normally i have to deal with more crime than that but eh, it was a big break." I sighed, "just glad the girls are okay. Sick bastard." I seethed.

"AKAGUROOOOO!" Someone shouted as soon as we opened the door to the classroom, shoving a phone in my face. "WHO'S YOUR PARTNER?!"

"My what? Please back up so I don't self implode, thank you." I said, jokingly but also serious.

"Oh, sorry!" Mina squeaked, "It's just that on TV I saw you with a dark haired guy who looked sort of like Aizawa but cooler!"

"I'm giving you an f Ashido."

"WAIT SIR PLEASE NO I TAKE IT BACK PLEASE!"

"Whatever." Shota rolled his eyes, bringing his sleeping bag up before falling into the floor like the catapiller he is.

"Um, I do have a side kick now because I saw potential and he agreed to keep me a secret and that he was okay with being outside the law." I shrugged, and then got hounded by more questions and wants to be another side kick.

I managed to escape once the bell rang, sighing in relief as I slumped over my desk. Today was the start of exams, and I'm so ready. Spending every waking second studying and working on vigilante-ing, I was ready for it to go back to just vigilante-ing.

The week of tests were grim, it wasn't fun at all. The last day, it was the practical. "Wait, we're fighting the teachers?!"

"Oh hell yeah." I smirked, cracking my knuckles.

Nezu popped out of Shota's scarf, and let me just say that was the cutest and most hilarious thing I've seen in a hot minute.

He explained what would be happening and then we were allowed to get into our pairs. Apparently me and Shoji were going against Snipe, which would be easy breezy if you ask me.

"Hey I'mma sneak off and go see how the third years are, I'll be back in time for my round." I muttered to Shota who nodded.

"Sounds good." He grumbled back, so I snuck off without being caught by any of the other people there. Heading to the third year class, I knocked on the door and peaked in.

"Oh, hello Akaguro. Here for something?" The teacher asked, raising an eyebrow as he stood at the board.

"Just wanted to say hi! Been a hot minute and thought you mighta missed me!" I joked, winking. The sheer annoyance at how stupid I was stood clear on his face as he rolled his eyes.

"Well now you've said hello, so if you would allow us to get back to lesson, that would be most appreciated."

"Awww kicking me out already? I'm so hurt!" I cried, wiping away a fake tear as I dramatically exited the classroom, laughter emerging from behind me as I left.

Finding my way back to the observation room, I waved at Shota to let him know I was back.

"Hey Akaguro, should we go strategize?" Shoji asked me, so I nodded. Going away from the teachers, we sat down and started talking about our plan.

"I'm not the best with combat, I'm more of an intelligence collector, so if you could take care of Snipe after I find him that would be great." Shoji suggested.

"Right, that works. However, I think we need to step up our game just a bit," I smirked, "Snipe probably knows how both of our styles go, so he will undoubtedly go for you as you are the weaker between us, no offense?"

"None taken, and I agree with you." He said, and so after a few more minutes of discussing our plan, we were up.

~•~

"Man it was intense!" I complained to Shinso as we patrolled. "Well, my plan went through flawlessly, but remember Midoriya and Bakugo? They, like, totally hate each other! And they had to work together, it was chaotic and just, ak!"

"Sounds like quite the show." The black haired vigilante chuckled. I smiled at him.

"Yeah but it was definitely a step in the right direction for them." I said with a snort. The rest of patrol was rather uninteresting, and then I invited Shinso over for a movie and dinner.

It was a lot of fun, Shota got to give him some tips and pointers on being a pro and we went over the workouts I have having him do, and Shota approved.

"Keep the door open Kosuke." He gave me a stern look and Shinso and I headed to my room.

"Yahuh, will do dad." I stuck my tongue out, and he playfully threw his scarf at me.

Leaving my door open, I settled onto my bed and patted the spot beside me for Shinso. Hesitantly joining me, I pushed him back so he was laying down. "Come on relax, it's not like I'm gonna do anything to you."

"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of Mr. Aizawa." He shuddered, making me laugh.

"It'll be fine, unless he hears something suspicious he probably won't disturb us." I told him.

The rest of the night was pretty nice, we finished the movie without any hitches, I walked Shinso home and we hugged goodbye and goodnight.

"Looks like he's already gotten more muscle. I have to say I'm impressed at how much of a natural he is." Shota complimented as we sat in the living room drinking coffee.

"Just had to bring it out, it's in everybody if you know what you're looking for." I shrugged, taking a sip. "Hey Shota?"

"What?"

"You're a cool dude."

"Thanks?"

(Alright, the updates for Vigilante will now be on Sundays.)
Merci!