Thirteen

I didn't stick around after we were dismissed, heading straight to the cafeteria with Bakugo. On the way, I kept poking him and he kept glaring at me. After we got our food, we headed to our usual table. Instead of sitting opposite him, I sat down right next to explosive boy, who gave me another glare before starting to eat. "So, you excited for the sports festival?" I asked him, causing the blonde to smirk.

"You bet I am. I'm going to take everyone down." He smirked, then frowned. "Especially you, Akaguro."

"Wow, that's the first time you've used my name and it was to threaten me." I laughed, slapping him on the back. He grunted, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever Blondie."

"And we're back to the name calling." I sighed, shaking my head before I also began to eat. Suddenly I saw Todoroki coming this way, so I waved at him. He waved back with a small smile.

"Hey, mind if I eat with you?" He asked quietly, and I nodded.

"Sure thing Shoto! You don't mind, right Bakugo?" I asked, nudging the blonde beside me. He gave me the stink eye.

"Whatever, extra."

"Thanks Kosuke." Todoroki replied, sitting down opposite of me. Bakugo looked between us in confusion.

"You're using your first names, did I miss something where you magically became friends?" Bakugo growled in annoyance, causing the two of us to frown at him.

"Uhhh, nope, it happened on our day off." I explained with a shrug, Todoroki nodding in agreement. The explosive blonde sneered at Todoroki before making eye contact with me.

"Whatever, I'm calling you Kosuke then too." He grumbled, shoving a noodle in his mouth. I giggled.

"Only if I get to call you Katsuki!" I bargained, which brought a blush to his face. He glared at me before sighing.

"Fine."

"Cool, so we're all friends now!" I cheered, grinning happily. I didn't notice that both boys glared at each other for a moment, a silent threat. But the two didn't want to ruin my mood so they stayed quiet about their dislike for each other.

After lunch, we headed back to the classroom. I was in between the two of them, happily chatting away. Bakugo was uncharacteristically quiet while Todoroki chatted along with me. Once we arrived at the classroom, Bakugo spoke up.

"Hey, half 'n half, we need to have a chat." he growled, grabbing Todoroki's left arm and dragging him out of the classroom. I raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off, going over to my seat and snuggling up in my sleeping bag. Some more people came back to the classroom since lunch was about to end. Todoroki and Bakugo came back as well, and soon class had started once again.

~*~

After our afternoon classes were over, everyone was packing up to leave when noise was heard outside the door. Ururaka opened it, and everyone's eyes widened. "Why the heck are you all here?!" Ururaka asked in confusion.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida did his hand thing again.

"Why are you blocking our doorway?" Mineta demanded, "I WON'T LET YOU HOLD US HOSTAGE!"

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots." Bakugo explained as he approached the door, me and Todoroki following behind him. "We're the class that survived a real villain attack, they wanna see us with their own eyes."

"Let's just hope he doesn't explode anybody..." Midoriya mumbled as Bakugo passed him. I gave him a grin, to which his face lit up like a tomato.

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like." The explosive blonde said to the crowd of students blocking the doorway. "Now move it, extras." He barked. I sweat dropped as Iida started doing his hand thing telling Bakugo that was inappropriate to call someone an extra just because he didn't know them. I just laughed awkwardly, that was Bakugo for ya.

"So this is class 1A," A dude with purple hair observed, walking to the front. He had bags under his eyes, almost as bad as Aizawa's. "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass." He said, "Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or is it just you?" This statement had Bakugo growling, bu before either could speak, I interupted as I walked forward.

"He may be an ass sometimes, but it's not cool to come here and judge us unless you want the same treatment." I defended, glaring at the intruder. He raised an eyebrow at me, and then he smirked.

"Well now, at least there's one person here who isn't delusional." He held out his hand. "Shinso."

"Akaguro." I shook it, my entire face shifting from angry to happy as I smiled brightly at him. He just raised an eyebrow.

"I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here I was forced to take a different path. Such as life." Shinso said, and I frowned. That must suck for him, I wonder what his quirk is that didn't allow him to get into the hero course.

"I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance." Huh, how does he have another chance? "If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. Then they'll have to transfer people out to make room."

Everyone in the room froze at this, even I did. I had no idea that could happen, geez this guy was intense. "Scouting the competition. Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you." The purple haired male declared. I bit my lip, I was planning to basically forfeit the festival because it might give me away, but if I do that I might be tossed out of the hero course.

"Consider this a declaration of war." Shinso finished. Him and Bakugo had a slight staring contest until someone interupted.

"Hey you!" A grey haired guy popped up out of the crowd. "I'm from class 1B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains and I came to see if that was true!" He exclaimed every sentence, making me sweat drop. "But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us! Talk all you want, it'll just be more embarrassing when you're KO'ed!" The lunatic from class 1B yelled as Bakugo started walking away. "DON'T YOU IGNORE ME!"

"Dude where are you going?" Kirishima demanded, "You gotta say something! It's your fault they're all hating on us, Bakugo." He pointed out. The blonde turned slightly so he was looking at the redhead.

"These people don't matter." He said bluntly, which caused everyone to still. "The only thing that's important is that I beat them." Bakugo finished, and then walked away.

"Hey, I'm coming for you!" the 1B guy exclaimed.

"Man, I hate that that was such a manly exit!" Kirishima grieved as he clenched his fists.

"Well its been fun guys, but I'm gonna hit the road too." I announced, smiling at the crowd before turning to Todoroki. "You coming Shoto?"

"Yeah." He nodded, and we walked out together.

"Wait up Katsuki! Let's all walk home together!"

"Shut up you idiot! Just hurry up!"

"No need to be so aggressive, Bakugo."

"You shut it IcyHot!"

Everyone was left gaping as the big three from class 1A left together.