Twenty Seven

(Anyone ready for another upspree? I'm sick so I have a lot of time on my hands.)

”Morning.” Aizawa grumbled as he opened the door.

“Morning Mister Aizawa.” The class responded.

“Ribbit! Mister Aizawa, you don't have any bandages anymore! That's good news.” Asui noted happily as the black haired pro stood behind the podium.

“The old lady went a little overboard in her treatment.” Aizawa scratched at the scar on the right side of his face. “Anyway, we have a big class today, on hero informatics.” As soon as he said it, I could almost literally feel the rest of the class panicking. I didn't really care at that point. “You need code names.” Aizawa broke through the tension, “Time to pick your hero identities.” As soon as he finished, almost everyone besides me jumped with excitement.

“This is gonna be awesome!”

Aizawa didn't let the excitement last long, activating his quirk so that everyone would settle down. “This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally students don't have to worry about the draft yet, not until their second or third year actually.” Aizawa explained, “But your class is different. In fact, by extending offers to first years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation.”

“Stupid selfish adults!” Mineta hit his desk in anger.

“So what you're saying is,” I started, leaning back in my chair, “We'll still have to prove ourselves after we've gotten recruited.”

“Correct.” Aizawa nodded at me, then we shared a look before he went on. “Now, here are the totals for those of you that got offers.” He pressed a button, and a bunch of words appeared on the board.

Akaguro: 5931
Todoroki: 4123
Bakugo: 3556
Tokoyami: 360
Iida:  301
Kaminari: 272
Yaoyorozu: 108
Kirishima: 68
Uraraka: 20
Sero: 14

“In past years it's been more spread out, but there's a pretty big gap this time.” Aizawa observed.

“Gahhh! No fair.” Kaminari whined.

“What about the real star, moi?” Aoyama demanded, puffs of smoke coming out of his head.

“Akaguro got the most, ahead of both Todoroki and Bakugo?” Jiro's eyebrows furrowed. Aizawa and I shared a knowing look as the others in the class debated why I had more offers. I had a hunch that even seeing part of my quirk, some pros were able to figure out who I was.

“Despite these results, you'll all be interning with pros.” The black haired pro stated, “Got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers.”

“Oh, so we're all interning?” Midoriya asked, most looking surprised by that fact.

“Yes.” Aizawa confirmed, “You've already got to experience combat with real villains during the attack on the USJ facility, but it will still be helpful to see pros at work.” He continued. “Up close and personal, in the field, first hand.”

“And for that we'll need hero names!” Sato put together.

“Things are suddenly getting a lot more fun!” Uraraka cheered.

“These hero names will likely be temporary, but take them seriously or-” Aizawa was cut off as the door rolled open.

“You'll have hell to pay later.” Midnight said as she walked into the class,wearing her costume. I facepalmed as the perverts of the class, namely Kaminari and Mineta, immediately perked up. “What you pick today could be your code name for life. You better be careful, or you'll be stuck with something utterly indecent.”