chapter 137: the damsel in distress

<OST: Orbit - Hwasa>

"You're kidding."

"I'm not, sir."

"I've literally been waiting all morning."

"I know," the same counter lady from yesterday assured him. "I've seen you sitting here for the past three hours too, sir. But our daepyo-nim is stubborn on not meeting you."

"What?" Seokjin frowned. "But I literally told her I was gonna come see her today!"

"That's not how you make an appointment, sir."

"How else am I supposed to make an appointment?"

"One way is to give us a call, but since you're already here-" The counter lady whipped out a list. "You can make an appointment directly... through me."

"Okay, fine-" Seokjin sighed loudly as he looked down at his watch. "Give me an appointment with her at... 11am. That's in an hour's time - that should be enough time in advance, right?"

"You must love cracking jokes, sir-" The counter lady said with a straight face. "Our daepyo-nim's entire schedule is fully booked today."

"What?!" Seokjin shook his head in disbelief. "No, you're joking."

"Take a look for yourself."

"I don't-" Seokjin glanced down at the list and his eyes widened in shock. "How about tomorrow?"

"She's fully booked too."

"The day after?"

"Fully booked."

"What on earth?" Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. "Why's she fully booked for the next few days when she was totally free yesterday?"

"Because yesterday was her off-day, sir-" The counter lady tried her best to explain. "She just came to the office to settle some stuff. She's usually completely booked, on her regular days."

Seokjin was not pleased at all. "When's her next off-day, then?"

"Let me help you check..." The lady said as she flipped through page after page of the list. "Ah... there it is - in exactly a month from now."

"I'm done with this company, what the hell?" Seokjin burst out loud. "You don't except walk-in appointments but your appointments are fully booked all the way till a month from now."

"I said her next off-day is a month from now, sir-" The counter lady corrected. "She's actually fully booked till the end of the year."

She was really doing well... no wonder she couldn't even spare Seokjin a minute of her time.

"Is there really nothing you can do to help me?" Seokjin pleaded. "You know, we've known each other for more than 24 hours now... we're practically friends at this point, aren't we? You could give me a little push."

"Trust me, I'd really love to help you if I could, sir-" The counter lady assured him. "And that's not just because you're more handsome than the average customers I attend to. But I really can't - there's really nothing I can do to help."