chapter 111: you're worth it

<OST: Sleepless Night - Crush ft. Punch>

"See?" Byulyi placed her laptop on Jieun's lap. "This is what I've written so far!"

Jieun smiled as she scrolled through page after page of Byulyi's hard work. "Wah... you really worked hard for the past few days, didn't you?"

"Of course-" Byulyi smiled. "It's my first ever story turned into a drama... I should do a good job, shouldn't I?"

Jieun grinned and nodded in agreement as she kept scrolling, giggling a little here and there as she noticed small little touches Byulyi added to the script that the book didn't have. "Daebak... I always knew you were a good writer, but turns out that you're phenomenal at scriptwriting too, unnie!"

"I picked up a little in the past, on my own-" Byulyi chuckled softly. "Never did I think it'd come in handy one day."

"I'm so proud of you, unnie..."

Byulyi watched on fondly as Jieun kept scrolling, letting out a little chuckle here and there when she encountered an interesting or funny part of the script.

"Finally, you're smiling," Byulyi said with a smile. "It's nice to see you like that, Jieun-ah."

Jieun looked up at Byulyi, placing the laptop back on Byulyi's lap once more as she lowered her head. "I'm sorry, unnie."

"For what?"

"It must have been really hard for you, hasn't it?" Jieun pouted as she held on to Byulyi's hands. "Taking care of me for the past week... And I'm sorry too, that I wasn't able to be happy with you whenever you told me about your scriptwriting process. I was an utter mess for the past one week... and all the stress of caring for me fell on your shoulders."

"It's fine-" Byulyi smiled as she patted Jieun gently on the head. "That's what friends are for, am I right? Especially best friends."

Jieun beamed as she gave her best friend a big hug. "Thank you, unnie."

Byulyi chuckled as she patted Jieun on the back. "Between us, there's no need to thank me about such small trivial things. Your happiness is the best form of thanks to me."

"So..." Jieun sat up abruptly. "Now that I told you all about me, it's now your turn. What exactly happened between you and Seokjin-oppa?"

Byulyi brushed the topic aside. "Ya... Actually, it's nothing much-"

Jieun sat up straight abruptly, folding her arms. "Tell me, right now."

Byulyi bit her lower lip. "Actually..."

Ring! Ring!

"Unnie-" Jieun looked down at her phone, her face tensing up the moment she saw who was calling. "Unnie, it's him."

"What are you still waiting for?" Byulyi hissed, hurrying Jieun to pick up the phone call. "Pick up the phone!"

"Oh, oh-" Jieun cleared her throat, took a deep breath, before finally picking up the phone. "H-Hello...?"

Jungkook sounded just as, if not even more, nervous on the other end of the line. "H-Hey."

Jieun didn't know what to say and glanced at Byulyi for help, but all Byulyi could help her was just flailing her arms around frantically above her head.

"H-Hello...?" Jungkook repeated. "Jieun-ah, are you still there...?"

"Yeah!" Jieun accidentally yelled, because of how nervous she was. She cleared her throat a little, before lowering her volume. "I mean... yes. Yeah, I'm still there - I mean, here. Like, here - by here, obviously I mean... on the phone. You know what I mean...? What am I even saying..."