chapter 65: much to think about

<OST: eight - IU PROD. & ft. SUGA>

Mental blocks were extremely common for writers, and Byulyi was no exception.

In fact, she was going through a mini slump that very morning, having zero motivation to write anything at all. She lay in bed, still in her pyjamas since morning, as she scrolled through her usual newsfeed.

"Oh? What's this?" Byulyi sat up abruptly, narrowing her eyes as she spotted an article on her home page. "'Popular Idol-Actress Couple JKJK To Join KBS Reality Dating Show, Love House'... What on earth is this?"

Byulyi blinked a few times as she briefly scanned through the article.

"2 day 1 night Chuseok Special to be filmed at Nami Island?" Byulyi raised her eyebrows. "Wait - does that mean Jieun-ie will have to be there as well?"

Byulyi pouted as she considered the fact that Jieun would probably be out of contact for those two days. But then again, it wouldn't make much difference, anyway. When Jieun had first moved over to Jungkook's house, she had always come back every alternate day to visit her. But after the first week, Byulyi didn't know if it was the workload or the trouble of coming over, Jieun stopped coming. Her phone calls and messages were becoming more and more scarce these days too. She barely even told Byulyi anything about her life on her own accord these days - look, she hadn't even mentioned a single not even about this whole Love House thing.

She really missed her best friend.

Ring! Ring!

Byulyi jumped as she heard her phone ringing. To her disappointment, it wasn't Jieun. But it was her mom, and that made Byulyi happy too.

"Hello?" Byulyi chirped as she lifted her phone to her ear. "Mom!"

"Byul-ah!" Her mom chirped back. "How's my daughter doing? Good?"

"Good-" Byulyi smiled brightly. "I'm doing great these days, Mom."

"That's nice to hear. Is your new book still going well?"

Byulyi pursed her lips, knowing that her next sentence was clearly going to be a lie. A white lie, so her mom wouldn't worry. "Yeah! Not bad."

"You eating well?"

"Of course, of course-" Byulyi glanced at the crumbs lying on her bed of all the chips and crackers she had been munching on all morning. "Healthy food, balanced diet with fruits and veggies, all the way."

"Good girl. Getting along well with Jieun-ie?"

"Ah..." Byulyi bit her lower lip nervously. She hadn't told her mom a single thing about Jieun moving out and Seokjin moving in. Her mom would actually flip if she ever found out. "Well, about that-"

"Right, why did I even bother asking?" Her mom let out a silent chuckle. "You and Jieun-ie have been like two peas in a pod since young - I'm sure you're both doing fine."

"Um... right." Byulyi let out an awkward chuckle. "You're right, Mom."

"So... anyway!" Her mom carried on after a brief silence. "I called you today to ask you when you're coming home to Bucheon."