chapter 81: the quest for dinner

<OST: eight - IU PROD. & ft. SUGA>

"Now is time to prepare dinner!" Jennie said excitedly. "What shall we make for dinner?"

"Since the guys made lunch earlier," Jungkook regurgitated from the screen. "Why don't the girls suggest what to cook for dinner this time then?"

"Right..." Joohyun glanced at Jennie. "Jennie-ya! What do you feel like eating?"

"Oh-" Jennie smiled a little, surprised that Joohyun had dropped the honourifics all of a sudden. "I saw some fish by the river earlier... shall we catch some fish and grill them?"

"Ooh! That sounds delicious!" Joohyun beamed. "Meanwhile, I think I saw some crops earlier that the production team said we can use! We can have some grilled fish, sweet potatoes and a vegetable stew for dinner, how about that?"

Taehyung's eyes lit up. "That sounds good! We can split into two teams - one to go catch the fish and the other to pick the vegetables, how about that?"

"Shall we play rock, paper, scissors then?" Jennie suggested. "The two winners can partner up and the two remaining people will be the other team. The winning team can choose what they wanna do first."

"Sounds good!"

"Alright then - rock, paper... scissors!"

This went on for a few times, because there wasn't any conclusive round until the fifth round - when everyone put out rock except for Jennie, who put out scissors.

"Ah!" Jennie chuckled. "I'm so bad at this..."

The remaining three carried on. And Joohyun won this time, with paper.

"Aha!" Joohyun clapped her hands. "I can choose? Daebak!"

Jungkook and Taehyung didn't even look each other in the eye as they played the final round. They kept at it until there was a winner. And the winner was Jungkook - with paper.

"Oh-" Joohyun pursed her lips and smiled at Jungkook awkwardly. "I guess we're partners then...?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Oppa!" Jennie exchanged high-fives with Taehyung. "Let's do a good job."

Taehyung grinned. "Of course."

"So what do you guys want?" Jennie asked Joohyun and Jungkook. "Fishing or picking vegetables?"

"What do you think?" Jungkook said automatically. "Of course it's picking vegetables."

"Hmph-" Jennie crossed her arms. "I knew you'd choose that because you hate getting yourself dirty. But lucky for you, I'm fine with that. Taehyung-ssi, are you okay with it?"

Taehyung smiled. "I'm good with anything."

Jennie picked up the fishing net and bucket. "In that case, we're heading off! See you guys in an hour!"

"Be careful!" Joohyun warned them. "It can be really slippery!"

"We will!"

Jennie and Taehyung headed off towards the woods, where the stream was located. Meanwhile, Joohyun and Jungkook too, headed off towards the vegetable plantations. While leaving, Jungkook's eyes met Jieun's, but they both looked away immediately - both still feeling awkward about what Jieun had said earlier, very understandably.

But anyway, they all went off in their own directions, with cameras following closely behind them.

-•-•-